cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple DEP - why doesnt O2 know about this?

appleuser1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ive spent a full day going between Apple, 3rd party phone reseller & O2 asking about enrolling Business Devices into the Apple Business Manager using Device Enrolment Program but the 3rd party & O2 have no idea what this is? Ive tired the o2 enterprise number as well and sales people say they cant help

I am stuck as have no Mac to manually enrol the devices, is there anyone at O2 can help on this? I have spoken with the reseller we use who are an O2 partner but they also have no idea. 

We have 4-5 Apple iphone devices we are looking to enrol into ABM (Apple Business Manager) using the automated method. I have added the O2 reseller ID to ABM but cant get further as no one knows what I am talking about. I understand helpdesk will not know but they say I need to contact apple who say I need to go back to reseller or O2.

Can anyone help?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144346 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions

@Martin-O2 @LukasB ?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10172 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

Hi @appleuser1

OK a few questions:

What do you want to use ABM for ? Asset Management, VPP, MDM

What is your MDM / EMS Solution?

How many in total o2 devices do you have?

Where did you buy the devices from?

The reason for the questions are:

1. Your MDM / EMS solution will be better to use than ABM, for managing devices etc.

2. DEP Can only be added by the company you buy the phones from, if you bought them from a 3rd Party then you need them to give you there reseller ID and not use o2's this is usually Ingram Micro for UK Apple Stock if not bought from Apple or o2.

Knowing the number of total devices will help point you to the right people in o2

If you dont have an MDM / EMS Solution then let me know and i have one that we use and is the industry leader.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 3