Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Business Customers

Level 1: Joiner

Aerial Direct - Has anyone managed to get out of the contract?

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

Same old story, O2 customer for nearly 20 years, got a phone call from O2 to renew which I accepted  thinking I have 14 days cooling off, but when I phone about thier tarriff discover I am on a buisness contract with Ariel Direct with no cooling  off period allowed. Sim only deal for £16.20 pm. but all bills are much more than that, so they give me back £4 pm,  I just want out, can anyone give me any advice,

Regards Gerard 

Topics: 539
Solutions: 3,340

Re: Aerial Direct - Has anyone managed to get out of the contract?

Perhaps someone from admin can advise?

@Marjo @Martin-O2 @EmilieT

Community Manager

Good morning @Gerard1954, and welcome to our forum Wave

I'm sorry to hear you're not happy with your contract, has there been any changes since you wrote your post? Either way I'll send you a Private Message on the forum now to get some more details so we can check on our end if there's something we can do for you!

Thanks @jonsie for the mention slight smile

Check out some of the recent discussions:
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Gig tickets giveaway!! Smiley Wink Interested in any O2 Academy gig? Let us know for a chance to get free tickets!
Review of the Samsung Galaxy A50 - Read our latest device review by member Poppysmum.
Priority tickets calendar! 24-30 June - Check out which tickets are going on sale or pre-sale this week on Priority!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature

Topics: 292
Kudos: 1,842
Ideas: 6
Solutions: 1,310

[ Edited ]

@EmilieT This is yet another case of a consumer being slammed onto a business contract without full knowledge of the issues surrounding the swap . I ask again when will o2 protect its loyal customers from this practice! A trusted partner is raising there income on the back of consumers losing out on the protection not afforded to business customers !

This is almost the same as the old slamming scandal where users were swapped without knowledge between providers, by not disclosing fully that you will be on a business contract surely it is an illegal sales practice. 

I again ask the team to feed this back to the highest level within o2 for future protection of all consumer tariff customers !

iPhone xs 256gb on 20gb tariff o2 open discount
iPad Pro 11” 2018 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Henstridge Rural South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

@Gerard1954 Ofcom official advice on your issue https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/how-to-report-a-complaint/sales

Apple Watch series 4
Henstridge Rural South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

[ Edited ]

Thank you for your help, much appreciated, will make a formal  complaint  this week and take it from there, will post how I get on,

Regards Gerard 

Thanks for the information,

Regards Gerard1954

Community Manager

Hi @Gerard1954, we've responded to your Private Message now, and are getting someone to look into this for you!

@adamtemp64 We've passed this on to the Business, and will continue to raise any feedback shared by you guys - thanks for always taking the time to post it slight smile

Check out some of the recent discussions:
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Gig tickets giveaway!! Smiley Wink Interested in any O2 Academy gig? Let us know for a chance to get free tickets!
Review of the Samsung Galaxy A50 - Read our latest device review by member Poppysmum.
Priority tickets calendar! 24-30 June - Check out which tickets are going on sale or pre-sale this week on Priority!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature

@EmilieT Thanks but been allowed to go on for far to long when I worked on the recycling my loader had already fallen for this companies tactics. Time o2 business reviewed all the threads on here that mention this company etc 

Apple Watch series 4