cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aerial Direct - Has anyone managed to get out of the contract?

Gerard1954
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all,

Same old story, O2 customer for nearly 20 years, got a phone call from O2 to renew which I accepted  thinking I have 14 days cooling off, but when I phone about thier tarriff discover I am on a buisness contract with Ariel Direct with no cooling  off period allowed. Sim only deal for £16.20 pm. but all bills are much more than that, so they give me back £4 pm,  I just want out, can anyone give me any advice,

Regards Gerard 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Good morning @Gerard1954, and welcome to our forum Wave

I'm sorry to hear you're not happy with your contract, has there been any changes since you wrote your post? Either way I'll send you a Private Message on the forum now to get some more details so we can check on our end if there's something we can do for you!

Thanks @jonsie for the mention slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 3 of 9

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@EmilieT This is yet another case of a consumer being slammed onto a business contract without full knowledge of the issues surrounding the swap . I ask again when will o2 protect its loyal customers from this practice! A trusted partner is raising there income on the back of consumers losing out on the protection not afforded to business customers !

This is almost the same as the old slamming scandal where users were swapped without knowledge between providers, by not disclosing fully that you will be on a business contract surely it is an illegal sales practice. 

I again ask the team to feed this back to the highest level within o2 for future protection of all consumer tariff customers !

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 4 of 9

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@Gerard1954 Ofcom official advice on your issue https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/how-to-report-a-complaint/sales

Apple Watch series 4
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 5 of 9

Gerard1954
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for your help, much appreciated, will make a formal  complaint  this week and take it from there, will post how I get on,

Regards Gerard 

Message 6 of 9

Gerard1954
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the information,

Regards Gerard1954

Message 7 of 9

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @Gerard1954, we've responded to your Private Message now, and are getting someone to look into this for you!

@adamtemp64 We've passed this on to the Business, and will continue to raise any feedback shared by you guys - thanks for always taking the time to post it slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 8 of 9

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@EmilieT Thanks but been allowed to go on for far to long when I worked on the recycling my loader had already fallen for this companies tactics. Time o2 business reviewed all the threads on here that mention this company etc 

Apple Watch series 4

Message 9 of 9