Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aerial Direct Complaint Support

New-User
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I was called by Aerial Direct and was led to believe they were o2. I renewed my o2 contract with them verbally. However, I do not believe I was informed that this would be a business account. I do not own a business and have always held a personal contact. I was not told that the LTE 6 Samsung watch could not be paired with a business account - which I have. I believe I have been mis sold and want out of the contract. I have called Aerial Direct and have been informed that I cannot speak with a manager without completing a complaints form. I have now done this. I have been told I need to pay thy the redemption fee. I want out and to be with o2, please help. 

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 9345 Posts
  • 218 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

Yes @jonsie, a phrase along the lines of "a marriage made in hell" comes to mind ! devil

Message 11 of 19

GenieRox
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi this has just happened to me. How did you resolve this issue please?

Message 12 of 19

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7973 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1652 Solutions

@GenieRox As the original posters have not come back to us we cannot say if the matter has been resolved or not.

You will have to fight with Aerial Direct. 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 13 of 19

Rosebrown
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've had the same call yesterday. I asked if they were 02 and he confirmed they are helping as 02 have so many 1000s of accounts to look after. I also questioned the business tariff. He said it's just how it's worded. Absolute tosh I now read. Luckily I'm sim only and signed nothing. Can I contact 02 or aeriel and complain? Will this get me anywhere? They've upped my data allowance and brought the cost down by about £5 per month for 2 accounts. 

Message 14 of 19

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7973 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1652 Solutions

As Jim Royale would say, "Helping my a@@e#

Complaing to O2 won't get you anywhere as you are now an Aerial customer, so it's them you will need to talk with

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 15 of 19

GenieRox
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I contacted Aerial and mentioned the 7 day cooling off period. A manager called me back and after a lot of him trying to persuade me to continue with them I got him to agree to cancel it. I also asked him to send me an email confirming it, which he did. I also spoke to O2 and asked them not to let the change over happen. I'm crossing my fingers that this is the end of it.

Message 16 of 19

Oxonian
  • 9345 Posts
  • 218 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@GenieRox 

I would keep a very close eye on that ; the e-mail of confirmation sounds promising, but if you read this forum, Aerial Direct don't have a good reputation. 👍

Message 17 of 19

myss
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I had a cold call from Aerial Direct last week and I normally don't even bother speak with such callers, but they rang twice in a row when I was somewhere quiet and quickly answered it to stop it ringing instead of pressing on the red symbol to stop the call.

They had a lot of info about my phone plan and got the same spiel about O2 being busy with so many customers so needing help. But I thought the help was just negotiating my contract with O2 for O2, so I was shocked to see when I got home the email welcoming me to being one of their customers! 

I read the contract as I have some legal experience in that area and noticed the cooling off period, so a letter and a 'web form' was sent the day after call to terminate it all quoting that paragraph. I was called today, promising that it wasn't to change my mind but see the reasons for the termination which I thought was quite clear in my letter.

Complaint also sent to O2 for not telling me that these people will be calling out the blue and asking personal details like they did. it might not do much but I just wanted them to get a deserved piece of my annoyance when they could have told their customers that they may get such a call from this unknown company.

Awaiting the termination confirmation in writing now. Fingers crossed. Thank you to the contributions to this thread which confirmed my bad feeling about this 'new plan' and help me make that final decision. 

Message 18 of 19

Oxonian
  • 9345 Posts
  • 218 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

Well done @myss for sorting that out ; although I would keep a close eye on the written confirmation of termination. 👍  

Message 19 of 19