Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

texts not sending, and have tried previous advice on forum

RosyT
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I have an iPhone 12 mini, and have recently moved from Vodafone to o2. All of my texts say that they are not sending, but some of them are reaching their destination, but only to one person so far. I don't know what provider they are with. I know that texts to other friends have not got through.

If I send a text to myself then the text does deliver to me quickly but the screen shows the green bar at the top moving across the screen from left to right,  and then it gets stuck when it is just over three quarters of the way across, and then I get the red text saying it has not been delivered.

I have read the previous advice on the forum, and my ios is up to date. I've tried resetting the phone. My settings for network provider are:

APN : idata.o2.co.uk  (PAYG : payandgo.o2.co.uk)

Username : vertigo

Password : password

Visual Voicemail  (PAYG : n/a)

APN : idata.o2.co.uk

MMS

APN : idata.o2.co.uk (PAYG : payandgo.o2.co.uk)

MMSC : http://mmsc-ac.mms.o2.co.uk:10021/mmsc 

MMS Proxy : 193.113.200.195:8080

MMS Max Message Size : 2097152

MMS UA Prof URL : leave blank

After each change I have rebooted my phone.

Any help gratefully received as I'll have to cancel this contract if it won't work!

Message 1 of 15
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RosyT
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I searched yet again on the forum and found: https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Tech-Support/Problem-with-sending-text-messages/m-p/1546551

and found that was my solution. The phone number in my settings was still the temporary one I’d been given by o2.  It’s odd as I had tested the phone when the number ported across and it was making calls from the right number but I didn’t double check texts. 
So thank you both for your help, and especially to M15 as it was a previous solution that you had given that fixed it! 

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144100 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@RosyT 

None of those settings effect sms messages.

See guide here Guide: Text Message Tips (not sent or received) 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 15

RosyT
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thank you for such a quick reply. I had already seen that post on the forum (sorry, I should have mentioned that) and had tried that fix, but cannot find an option anywhere on the iPhone to change the message centre number.

I had therefore searched the forum again and found this:  https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Apple/iPhone-text-problem/m-p/307988

I followed the first two steps, and both came back with a grey screen and the message 'error performing request: unknown error'.

So now I have run out of ideas!

Message 3 of 15

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10134 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 2995 Solutions

@RosyT 

It might be worth making contact with Apple, if you are unable to change your number..  

Is your number correct on the iPhone, by going into Settings, Mobile Data, My Data..

https://support.apple.com 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 15

MI5
  • 144100 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@RosyT 

What type of sim do you have and does it match your account type?

ie, if payg, make sure you have a payg sim and conversely, if on contract, make sure you have a contract sim.

This is nothing to do with data settings or saved numbers as they are both only relevant to iMessage, not sms.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 15

RosyT
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Replying to M15: yes, it’s a pay monthly sim that o2 had sent to me when I set up the account last week. 

Message 6 of 15

RosyT
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Replying to madasaf1sh:  I don’t have a ‘my data’ option within Settings > Mobile Data. And I’ve looked around to see if it is anywhere else but can’t obviously see it. 

Thanks for the help.

Message 7 of 15

MI5
  • 144100 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@RosyT wrote:

Replying to madasaf1sh:  I don’t have a ‘my data’ option within Settings > Mobile Data. And I’ve looked around to see if it is anywhere else but can’t obviously see it. 

Thanks for the help.

It doesn't exist so you won't find it and as I said, data is for iMessage only, not sms.

I'll call in @O2Lisa to look into this tomorrow for you.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 15

RosyT
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I searched yet again on the forum and found: https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Tech-Support/Problem-with-sending-text-messages/m-p/1546551

and found that was my solution. The phone number in my settings was still the temporary one I’d been given by o2.  It’s odd as I had tested the phone when the number ported across and it was making calls from the right number but I didn’t double check texts. 
So thank you both for your help, and especially to M15 as it was a previous solution that you had given that fixed it! 

Message 9 of 15

MI5
  • 144100 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

Strange one @RosyT as that wouldn't effect sms messages at all. 

That only applies to iMessage but glad it helped.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 15