Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

texts not sending, and have tried previous advice on forum

RosyT
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I have an iPhone 12 mini, and have recently moved from Vodafone to o2. All of my texts say that they are not sending, but some of them are reaching their destination, but only to one person so far. I don't know what provider they are with. I know that texts to other friends have not got through.

If I send a text to myself then the text does deliver to me quickly but the screen shows the green bar at the top moving across the screen from left to right,  and then it gets stuck when it is just over three quarters of the way across, and then I get the red text saying it has not been delivered.

I have read the previous advice on the forum, and my ios is up to date. I've tried resetting the phone. My settings for network provider are:

APN : idata.o2.co.uk  (PAYG : payandgo.o2.co.uk)

Username : vertigo

Password : password

Visual Voicemail  (PAYG : n/a)

APN : idata.o2.co.uk

MMS

APN : idata.o2.co.uk (PAYG : payandgo.o2.co.uk)

MMSC : http://mmsc-ac.mms.o2.co.uk:10021/mmsc 

MMS Proxy : 193.113.200.195:8080

MMS Max Message Size : 2097152

MMS UA Prof URL : leave blank

After each change I have rebooted my phone.

Any help gratefully received as I'll have to cancel this contract if it won't work!

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

O2Lisa
Former Staff
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Morning all, thanks for the tag @MI5 

@RosyT I can see you've resolved the issue now? 😊

If you need anything else please don't hesitate to message me privately. 

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 15

Jasmine_
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, for the last couple of weeks none of my text messages have been sending. I have unlimited texts so not sure why this is happening 😞 my phone is up to date and I have tried other solutions but nothing is working

Message 12 of 15

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12070 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

Check this guide out for text issues @Jasmine_ 

Guide: Text Message Tips (not sent or received) 

If you work through that and nothing helps then I would suggest getting o2 to check your account.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 13 of 15

irfanaspl
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Your phone may not be able to send outgoing SMS for a variety of reasons. You are aware that you send 100 SMS per day from a pre-pay mobile and that you always have a positive balance.

As a first step, when you exchange your SIM card for a new one, whether it is an upgrade or a replacement for a lost one, outgoing and incoming SMS services will be blocked for 24 hours from the respective operator, thus preventing any misuse of your SIM card in the event of theft.

It is also important that you check how long you have not used your outgoing SMS service as most operators block this service due to no use, so they need to be contacted and unlocked manually.

Jackson is an author, writer & content creator. He is very passionate about all things content marketing and has extensive knowledge of Text Messaging Marketing
Message 14 of 15

Samohtwo
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks. Worked for me too. 

Message 15 of 15