cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

order tracking

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone

a bit of a silly question probably but here goes, i placed an orde yesterday online for the new iphone 6s, got an email to confirm but its still not showing on my account on 02? and no tracking either, is this normal?

a bit concerned as this was a lot of money and i just want to make sure the order has gone through!!!

many thanks all!!

Message 1 of 19
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

This is normal. You will get an email or text when the order has been dispatched. Tracking information will be given at that time...:smileywink:

If you are at all concerned then you can confirm by ringing CS http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

(though this isn't necessary just yet)

Edited to add ....the iPhone 6S is not due for dispatch till 25th September.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

This is normal. You will get an email or text when the order has been dispatched. Tracking information will be given at that time...:smileywink:

If you are at all concerned then you can confirm by ringing CS http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

(though this isn't necessary just yet)

Edited to add ....the iPhone 6S is not due for dispatch till 25th September.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there and many thanks for your reply!! that was quick, excellent 🙂

Message 3 of 19

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Perfectly normal. No tracking until the phone has been dispatched. If you have had the email then everything is fine.

Message 4 of 19

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
Hi there just to add, you'll see that the phone is despatched before getting tracking info as it's uploaded online when it's picked and packed but not yet handed over to the courier! That's what I've recently learned from another member on here #thanksgoesto@MI5
Message 5 of 19

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Covered in this thread
http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Apple-iOS-Devices-iPhone-iPad/The-UnOfficial-iPhone-6s-FAQ-Thread/m-p/9...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 19

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions

@gindygoo wrote:
Hi there just to add, you'll see that the phone is despatched before getting tracking info.

Other way around.

You get a tracking number before you can actually track it.

The tacking number becomes active when the driver scans the code and puts it on lorry

Message 7 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@viridis wrote:

@gindygoo wrote:
Hi there just to add, you'll see that the phone is despatched before getting tracking info.

Other way around.

The tacking number becomes active when the driver scans the code and puts it on lorry

@viridis wrote:

@gindygoo wrote:

Other way around.

True that....I once asked a DPD driver how they got their tracking info so spot on. He said I have to scan every order into my system when I load it. Thats why DPD gives you the drivers name and you can track the parcel. (via maps or just purely by the tracking number he gives)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 19

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
Aha, just my luck to get something not quite right.. Or completely back to front lol!

At least now it's explained properly.
Message 9 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

do o2 use DPD or UK Mail or another courier service i'm hoping its DPD as i know exactly when hes in my area its always the same guy and always around lunchtime which is ideal to pop home to collect it lol

Message 10 of 19