cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 ARE LIARS !!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Apologies for the dramatic subject line, but I am fuming. I really am.

I'm not an inpaitent person and I very much understand the strain companies can be under at times where demand for their product is high. However this does not excuse a company for not keeping their customers informed correctly.

When I placed my order on the 23rd of September, I received an email saying the order was being processed and my phone would be dispatched shortly. It also stated online that it would take 'up to' 14 days.

The 14th day is today - The livechat assistants at o2 just tell me that the order was out of stock at the time I requested it. If that was the case, why didnt it say so online?! If that was the case, why tell customers they will receive it in up to 14 days? If that was the case, why send me an email the same day saying the order is being processed and will be dispatched "shortly"? The definition of "shortly" my dear o2 managers is NOT 14+ days for crying out loud !!!!!!!!!

Each time you speak to a different team member you get told a different thing. How difficult is it for o2 management to have kept a spreadsheet or something showing what date they are up to so far and in turn allow their staff to give good, accurate updates.

I never have any issues with o2 apart from when it comes to getting new phones. Last time they messed up my girlfriends order and this time with my phone they are keeping me in the dark.

It isnt acceptable to take a customers money, say 14 days, and then change the message online to 4-6 weeks and fob then off with 'its coming soon', 'it will be sent asap'. It's a total failure in customer service.

If I dont get the phone dispatch message within the next 48 hours I'm going elsewhere. (P.S - I know people have been waiting a lot longer than I have, but that adds to my anger as I know how long people are being made to wait and it's a hell of a lot longer than the 14 days promised!!!)

Message 1 of 46
45 REPLIES 45

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

"It's important that you tell the business you're unhappy with – and give them a chance to look into your problem. Under the rules they have eight weeks to do this."

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/consumer/complaints.htm

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 41 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep - But they've already replied to me? And they havent been satisfactory with their responses so I've gone to the ombuisman.

No point waiting 8 weeks before complaining when they've already replied confirming they cant tell me why they broke their promise?

Message 42 of 46

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Believe me, I've been there.

They need to have the deadlock letter and that is normally issued by the company after the 8 week period.

The complainant does not decide when deadlock has been reached.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 43 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable

Really? So how do you know which of their reponses is the deadlock one? Do you just have to keep going back saying your not happy for 8 weeks before they send you the deadlock letter? 😕

Message 44 of 46

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah thanks.

Message 46 of 46