cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 ARE LIARS !!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Apologies for the dramatic subject line, but I am fuming. I really am.

I'm not an inpaitent person and I very much understand the strain companies can be under at times where demand for their product is high. However this does not excuse a company for not keeping their customers informed correctly.

When I placed my order on the 23rd of September, I received an email saying the order was being processed and my phone would be dispatched shortly. It also stated online that it would take 'up to' 14 days.

The 14th day is today - The livechat assistants at o2 just tell me that the order was out of stock at the time I requested it. If that was the case, why didnt it say so online?! If that was the case, why tell customers they will receive it in up to 14 days? If that was the case, why send me an email the same day saying the order is being processed and will be dispatched "shortly"? The definition of "shortly" my dear o2 managers is NOT 14+ days for crying out loud !!!!!!!!!

Each time you speak to a different team member you get told a different thing. How difficult is it for o2 management to have kept a spreadsheet or something showing what date they are up to so far and in turn allow their staff to give good, accurate updates.

I never have any issues with o2 apart from when it comes to getting new phones. Last time they messed up my girlfriends order and this time with my phone they are keeping me in the dark.

It isnt acceptable to take a customers money, say 14 days, and then change the message online to 4-6 weeks and fob then off with 'its coming soon', 'it will be sent asap'. It's a total failure in customer service.

If I dont get the phone dispatch message within the next 48 hours I'm going elsewhere. (P.S - I know people have been waiting a lot longer than I have, but that adds to my anger as I know how long people are being made to wait and it's a hell of a lot longer than the 14 days promised!!!)

Message 1 of 46
45 REPLIES 45

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Anonymous problem is its following the complaints procedure is it tells you to use live chat or phone. The two things we all seem to have been doing. I shall be calling them again later and asking to make an official complaint about the matter and see if they listen then. If not will take it further. But thanks for the link to it anyhow.
Message 11 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable
Got mine from Apple direct on pre order, stated 3-4 weeks delivery, arrived within 3 weeks direct from China. OK had to pay full cost for phone £789, but that is still cheaper than O2 who say that it's 0% APR on the cost of the phone over 2 years, but they charge you £100 more for it! Soon as my contract is up, I'm off to Sainsburys payg, far cheaper than anyone else.
Message 12 of 46

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
You can e mail from here :

complaintreviewservice@o2.com

Which is within the link.
Message 14 of 46

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93173 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6966 Solutions

I would imagine they are inundated with complaints about this but there are even threads with people having the exact same issues with the Moto 360 which we are now told will be 3-4 weeks. Year on year there are the same problems which is why I would never pre-order a phone from a network or order until stocks are readily available.

Message 15 of 46

L_W_Ward
Level 12: Nimble
  • 625 Posts
  • 42 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

I was lucky with my iPhone 6 Plus. I really wanted the silver one becasue the black ones look terrible after a month or two. I've seen plenty of friends 5's & 5s's with dints, bangs, scrapes and more. 

Also I said I would only get the 16GB becasue I always buy top spec and I don't need it. I can stream my music via iTunes Match, my photography is on Flickr and I have all the games I need on my tablet and Mac. This saved me £50 up front and £5pm

So with this in mind I walked in store, said what I wanted, they had two in stock, I argued for my discount to be transfered over to the new account, got told no, begged for a discount, attractive lady said she really can't, walked away with the phone and new contract. 

They did say that any other model and make was almost improssible to get and they can't predict stock. 

iPhone 13 Pro Max 25gBG,
iPad 9th Gen,
Apple Watch Ultra,
,Airpod Pro,
Apple TV 4K,
Apple TV HD,
HomePods,
Message 16 of 46

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122800 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

After reading so many posts on here about the online ordering practices of O2... then something needs to be done quickly..

They really need to get a system which updates the website efficiently. It is appalling practice that they are allowing people to order because items are shown in stock...pay hard earned money over...and then the dreaded wait...and wait...

I shop online for most things and would certainly not be prepared to wait as long as O2 expect their customers to hang on. (holding onto their money in the process)

It may not be illegal...but as I have said before it is totally immoral Smiley Mad

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Beenherebefore - What part of telling a customer they will get something in 14 days, and then not even have it dispatched 14 days later is not a lie? They are liars.
Message 18 of 46

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
@Beenherebefore - What part of telling a customer they will get something in 14 days, and then not even have it dispatched 14 days later is not a lie? They are liars.

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/lie#lie-2

A lie is a deliberate attempt to deceive and that you are unable to prove.

Perhaps you've never given out incorrect information to anybody.....I have but the information at the time I gave it, was the best information available to me.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 19 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable

Im also confused because after each time I speak to o2, I get the same email again saying "Your order is being processed and will be despatched shortly".

I do hope that each time I get that email it's simply an update and I'm not being put to the back of the queue again?!

Message 20 of 46