cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 ARE LIARS !!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Apologies for the dramatic subject line, but I am fuming. I really am.

I'm not an inpaitent person and I very much understand the strain companies can be under at times where demand for their product is high. However this does not excuse a company for not keeping their customers informed correctly.

When I placed my order on the 23rd of September, I received an email saying the order was being processed and my phone would be dispatched shortly. It also stated online that it would take 'up to' 14 days.

The 14th day is today - The livechat assistants at o2 just tell me that the order was out of stock at the time I requested it. If that was the case, why didnt it say so online?! If that was the case, why tell customers they will receive it in up to 14 days? If that was the case, why send me an email the same day saying the order is being processed and will be dispatched "shortly"? The definition of "shortly" my dear o2 managers is NOT 14+ days for crying out loud !!!!!!!!!

Each time you speak to a different team member you get told a different thing. How difficult is it for o2 management to have kept a spreadsheet or something showing what date they are up to so far and in turn allow their staff to give good, accurate updates.

I never have any issues with o2 apart from when it comes to getting new phones. Last time they messed up my girlfriends order and this time with my phone they are keeping me in the dark.

It isnt acceptable to take a customers money, say 14 days, and then change the message online to 4-6 weeks and fob then off with 'its coming soon', 'it will be sent asap'. It's a total failure in customer service.

If I dont get the phone dispatch message within the next 48 hours I'm going elsewhere. (P.S - I know people have been waiting a lot longer than I have, but that adds to my anger as I know how long people are being made to wait and it's a hell of a lot longer than the 14 days promised!!!)

Message 1 of 46
45 REPLIES 45

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
If it's an iPhone 6 especially space grey, it's because apple can't fulfill orders quick enough and leaving networks dry.
Message 2 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable

It is the 64gb space greay iphone 6 yes. If there's an issue with stock, they shouldnt promise 14 days. If I knew it was going to take this long I wouldnt have bothered.

Message 3 of 46

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
A lot of people in same boat as you, understand where your coming from I really do and with so many of these orders requiring deposits it is not good. But to be fair, o2 were selling based on the promises of apple distribution which normally runs well each year, this year was different with both far more orders and far more for the one colour.
It's not just o2 I'm not sure many places at all have space grey right now, they all waiting for same delivery.
Message 4 of 46

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Message 5 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep, I know a lot of people are in the same situation. I've read that some people have been waiting since launch week!

The wait itself is not what's making me angry, I am angry at being told 14 days originally when realisticly it's going to be a lot longer than that. When you put things online, they have to be accurate. I would much rather have seen a 'sorry out of stock' message, than be lied to about 14 days, pay £200.00 upfront and 14 days later have no certainty about what's going on.

Its disgusting.

Message 6 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable
This does happen with other models of phones too. Showing in stock and then out after ordering. Communication is key !

Apple have iPhones in their stores. I ordered mine on their website at midnight and collected the following day !

You can make your feelings known officially here http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain/complain
Message 7 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @bandofbrothers.

Yep, I'm aware dealing with Apple direct is much better and I found this out today. In speaking to Apple they told me an exact date I could expect the phone to be dispatched. So if I dont receive anything from o2 in two days I'm going direct - And I wont be using o2's call plan if I do out of spite for their awful service.

Communication is absolutely the key as you said in your post. o2 do not communicate well at all.

I did send an email complaint following the info I read of other people's experiences but I was just told they couldnt advise me of a date.

Useless.
Message 8 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm being given different information each time I speak to someone. There is no sympathy, no attempt at an explanation and no inkling as to what is actually happening with my order. The service is diabolical and it shouldn't be allowed, I am thinking of making an official complaint to the company over their handling of the situation. I am well aware that demand is high but I know of other networks that are keeping their customers informed and actually being apologetic and sympathetic and doing all they can to fulfil orders.

It seems O2 are just sitting on their hands or twiddling their thumbs hoping we'll all just accept the fact that they are holding large sums of our money and not giving us anything to go on...at all.

Never thought I'd see the day I was negative about O2 as they are one of the only company's I have ever had nothing but praise for with regards to customer service. But as I've stated in other threads, it seems a lot has changed.
Message 9 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable
Theirs a thread still running on MacRumors about Uk Orders from various Networks.

It does seen that many are still having supply issues across the board.

We don't know what conversations the networks have with Apple and it's all to easy to suggest the manufacturer is artificially creating this.

I wouldn't blame you following the complaint link. Some have and then actually received communication shortly after saying its in its way.

Happened with orders for the iPad Air.
Message 10 of 46