cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 ARE LIARS !!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Apologies for the dramatic subject line, but I am fuming. I really am.

I'm not an inpaitent person and I very much understand the strain companies can be under at times where demand for their product is high. However this does not excuse a company for not keeping their customers informed correctly.

When I placed my order on the 23rd of September, I received an email saying the order was being processed and my phone would be dispatched shortly. It also stated online that it would take 'up to' 14 days.

The 14th day is today - The livechat assistants at o2 just tell me that the order was out of stock at the time I requested it. If that was the case, why didnt it say so online?! If that was the case, why tell customers they will receive it in up to 14 days? If that was the case, why send me an email the same day saying the order is being processed and will be dispatched "shortly"? The definition of "shortly" my dear o2 managers is NOT 14+ days for crying out loud !!!!!!!!!

Each time you speak to a different team member you get told a different thing. How difficult is it for o2 management to have kept a spreadsheet or something showing what date they are up to so far and in turn allow their staff to give good, accurate updates.

I never have any issues with o2 apart from when it comes to getting new phones. Last time they messed up my girlfriends order and this time with my phone they are keeping me in the dark.

It isnt acceptable to take a customers money, say 14 days, and then change the message online to 4-6 weeks and fob then off with 'its coming soon', 'it will be sent asap'. It's a total failure in customer service.

If I dont get the phone dispatch message within the next 48 hours I'm going elsewhere. (P.S - I know people have been waiting a lot longer than I have, but that adds to my anger as I know how long people are being made to wait and it's a hell of a lot longer than the 14 days promised!!!)

Message 1 of 46
45 REPLIES 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm having exactly the same problem - no one at 02 knows what they are doing!

I cancelled my ordered and ordered the 16gb as it said In Stock online for free next day delivery and surprise suprise just got a text to tell me that my order is delayed.

02 are con artists. How can they get away with this!!!

Message 31 of 46

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

How can they get away with this!!!

Because the customers keep coming back for more Don't know

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 32 of 46

MI5
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
They're all the same - No network any different to the other, so your only choice is which one you'd prefer to be lied to by....?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 33 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable

Surely if you order something and it says in stock and will delivered next day that is mis-selling? You are ordering under false pretenses?

Message 34 of 46

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Surely if you order something and it says in stock and will delivered next day that is mis-selling? You are ordering under false pretenses?

Only Trading Standards can decide that.....your local council has a Trading Standards Office >>>>

https://www.gov.uk/find-local-trading-standards-office

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 36 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable

Posted my letter to the Financial ombisuman today as 14 working days have now passed and I haven't had even a dispatch message yet.

Message 37 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good luck and please would you let us know what's said as this could help other people too searching for similar assistance.
Message 38 of 46

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Posted my letter to the Financial ombisuman today as 14 working days have now passed and I haven't had even a dispatch message yet.

Too early I'm afraid and you haven't received a deadlock letter from O2 either, I presume?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 39 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep will let you know what they say.

And why is it too early? My complaint case is regarding the fact they mislead me into purchasing the phone under false pretences by stating delivery in 'up to 14 days' and 16 working days later, not even a dispatch message.

I also reference they were fully aware the phone was out of stock however did not state that online. It appears they are doing it now for people ordering, but when I ordered it didnt say that.

I have had 3 email exchanges with o2 customer services and they still maintain its out of stock and they cant give me a delivery date. So I believe that would be the deadlock response?

Message 40 of 46