cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no phone service since upgrade

Anonymous
Not applicable

Since I upgraded to a new iphone on Saturday I have had no phone service whatsoever!!!  REally frustrated now.  6 phone calls and 2 SIMS and O2 still expect me to wait until the next 24 hours is up!  Is there actually another major technical issue for O2 or is this kind of service normal?

Message 1 of 20
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Sounds like the sim swap failed:(

Try it again see what it says;

http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk/

Txt
Swap 20220

Let us know how it goes.

Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
I presume you've done a sim swap already?
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 2 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sim swap usually takes 24 hours to fully complete. They disconnect the old sim then transfer the number across to the new sim then activate the new one

Message 3 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
I did sim swap instore on Monday to a microsim for iphone 4. Mine is still saying no service on iphone. My old simcard in old phone is still fully working. 😞
Message 4 of 20

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Sounds like the sim swap failed:(

Try it again see what it says;

http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk/

Txt
Swap 20220

Let us know how it goes.

Message 5 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
As liquid says do the swap again. Try the txt way first I found that much quicker slight_smile
Message 6 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
Did the swap again using the online link before seeing your post about the text.
Nothing has happend yet:(
Fingers crossed.
Message 7 of 20

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
No worries:) give it until say 9pm and see if your old sim has lost service. If it has then just periodically restart your new phone shouldn't be too much longer and then your ready to go:)
Message 8 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think you have 3 goes a day, so do the txt one now mate.
Message 9 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just tried the text way. Got the first message back, asking to reply with the 5 digit code.
However, when click send i get a message saying message failed to send. Do you want to retry?
Is this cos ive started it through the web?
Message 10 of 20