cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iphone unlocking

Anonymous
Not applicable

Our family have been O2 customers for about 9 years. We recently relocated from the UK. We went into O2 in London, told them we were leaving the country, cancelled our contracts and requested unlocking for our 4 phones. Problem is while our 2 blackberries were unlocked, and one htc as well, my son's iphone remains stubbonly bonded to O2. We have requested unlocking 3 times now since leaving and still no luck. We also cannot access the customer service number from abroad! Advice? I can give his number (no longer in service) and the imei if that helps. tha

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
Try emailing them using the link in my signature or the online chat may be able to help you. There shouldn't be a problem if you quote the original mobile number as they can match it to the IMEI. Has he tried putting the foreign network sim in the phone and connecting it to itunes? I got a text from O2 when mine was unlocked nlock

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
Try emailing them using the link in my signature or the online chat may be able to help you. There shouldn't be a problem if you quote the original mobile number as they can match it to the IMEI. Has he tried putting the foreign network sim in the phone and connecting it to itunes? I got a text from O2 when mine was unlocked nlock
Message 2 of 11

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
I presume you've been requesting unlocking via their webform?

Unfortunately now you are abroad I'm not sure you can unlock because of the lack of masts.

Ill find you the number for calling O2 from abroad but I'm unsure of the costs.

Another option would be to have it unlocked in a phone shop or back ally dealer. Not legit but its the same thing.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

back alleys charging £100 to unlock!

Message 4 of 11

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

It shouldn't matter if you are out of the UK, it's unlocked via Apple through itunes.

Message 5 of 11

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Ooo is it? Sorry I thought it was direct from the carrier network.

Sorry ignore previous comment
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you thats very helpful. He has tried connecting to itunes with the new sim and has gotten a 'no access' message. I have used your email link though so we are waiting and still trying. tha

Message 7 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

how?

Message 8 of 11

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable