Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone shows my number as +44?

RDRX79
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My iPhone shows my own number as +44 where as all my family members numbers display as 07…. 

I can’t seem to edit this in the phone and I’m wondering what’s caused it or if there’s any way to update it?

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@RDRX79 

Your own number is set by default and is the way the phone is programmed to save it.

Your contract entries are manually input and you can enter them whichever way you wish.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@RDRX79 

No need to change anything at all.

It's just the international dialling format and makes no difference whatsoever.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

RDRX79
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’m just wondering what’s caused it and why it would show differently than others. 

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@RDRX79 

Your own number is set by default and is the way the phone is programmed to save it.

Your contract entries are manually input and you can enter them whichever way you wish.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4