Did you mean: 

iPhone XS - restarting and freezing

JJepson
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

I took out a new contract with O2 in May last year.
Recently my iPhone XS (Like New) has started rebooting itself every few minutes and apps freeze constantly (Twitter, Facebook, Email, Messages, etc).

I have tried hard rebooting the iPhone, have updated to the latest software and have even deleted all of the data and restarted the iPhone from scratch (as if a new phone) and restored from an iCloud backup yet the problem still remains.

Despite numerous calls to O2 I cant get through to anybody, probably due to the high number of calls given the current COVID-19 issues. 

Anybody have any other advice? I seem to have exhausted every option online. 

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93246 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

As the iphone is still under warranty you have two options, either trying to contact O2 or contact Apple direct. Personally my choice would be Apple support as they would simply replace the phone if it proved to be faulty after their testing which can be done remotely.

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/iphone

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Coronavirus-Covid-19-Community-Help-and-Su...

Message 2 of 4

JJepson
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

After checking on the Apple website apparently it isnt covered under warranty? Assuming this is something to do with the fact the contract was a Like New refurb from O2. I'm guessing that O2 provide a 12 month warranty for their refurbed products so might try and get hold of them again tomorrow, fingers crossed I don't get cut off 4 times again like yesterday.

Message 3 of 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93246 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions