Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone SE2020 swipe up not displaying control centre

ForestBabe
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I upgraded to the SE2020 but can’t get the control centre screen to display using swipe up from the bottom. I can only access it from the Assisted Display button, to which I’ve recently added the Home button to let me close apps with more ease, as the Home Button is very stiff on the new phone and liable to cause RSI!

what I do get when I swipe up is a set off app content like temperature, battery level, Maps, Shazam song, etc. Some useful stuff, but not the Torch button, which is what I want from the Control Centre options.

Any help much appreciated!

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ForestBabe
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks @madasaf1sh 

I was impressed at how quickly Apple called back on my request! They couldn’t fathom what the problem was. But we agreed it was worth a visit to the local O2 shop before booking a visit to an Apple shop - and maybe only end up with a restore to factory settings (not ideal).

So I do that; O2 staff really helpful but unable to find the answer. So offered a transfer to another phone (same model). After all the setup - same problem, which told me it had to be something in Settings.

So I did some more hunting; still no answer. But intuited it had to be something in the Touch settings. In the end, it was!

So: Accessibility - Touch - Touch Accommodations - Swipe Gestures (just toggle those ON.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10143 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3006 Solutions

@ForestBabe 

Go into settings and then control centre and you can then set it up as you need.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 9

ForestBabe
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks @madasaf1sh 

but that’s not leading to the solution for me. I’ve googled on this and my screen in that control centre menu isn’t showing an option to toggle on the swipe up.

9D61E111-C34E-4EDD-A5D5-D0D28303FA7E.jpeg

Message 3 of 9

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10143 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3006 Solutions

@ForestBabe 

I would speak to apple in that case : https://support.apple.com

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

Don't you swipe down from top left or right (I don't remember exactly) on the later phones?

Your torch is already included in the list as you've shown.

Edit:

It's top right https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT202769

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 9

ForestBabe
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks @madasaf1sh 

I was impressed at how quickly Apple called back on my request! They couldn’t fathom what the problem was. But we agreed it was worth a visit to the local O2 shop before booking a visit to an Apple shop - and maybe only end up with a restore to factory settings (not ideal).

So I do that; O2 staff really helpful but unable to find the answer. So offered a transfer to another phone (same model). After all the setup - same problem, which told me it had to be something in Settings.

So I did some more hunting; still no answer. But intuited it had to be something in the Touch settings. In the end, it was!

So: Accessibility - Touch - Touch Accommodations - Swipe Gestures (just toggle those ON.

Message 6 of 9

ForestBabe
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks for trying to fathom a solution @MI5 

It is a swipe up on this model. And yes the torch is there, but if swipe gestures is not set to ON you can’t swipe the control centre up to access it.

At least I found the answer eventually - weirdly through a mix of intuition and other people’s help!

Message 7 of 9

celtech
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

hi , you have to swipe down from top right on a iPhone to display control centre

Message 8 of 9

ForestBabe
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

On this model that shows the Notification centre, not the Control Centre, @celtech It might be different on other iPhone models, of course.

Message 9 of 9