cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 6 plus case

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have just received my iPhone 6 plus phone. My husband insisted that the case from Apple is the best choice. I have never ordered any phone case from Apple before, but I do know that they are the most expensive. Any suggestions from other iPhone 6 plus owners? Thanks!
Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
A good question.

I imported a case mate from the states and was charged just over £14 import tax. 😞

I know when my other half purchased something from a seller on Ebay (from the US), she was charged a fair bit for tax. So I'm unsure to if/when tax is chargeable to the recipient.

Message 21 of 25

Cleoriff
  • 122796 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

I honestly think its a bit hit and miss about tax on goods from the US. I have bought a number of items via this route and find that if the item is described on packaging then I pay tax. Alternatively if no declaration is made I don't pay additional charges. This of course is my personal experience.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 22 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
I purchased the case direct from CaseMate and didn't see any extra import duty to pay in the fine print but I was stuck between a rock and a hard place with no choice but to pay.
Message 23 of 25

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6965 Solutions

There's always a likelyhood of import charges so everyone needs to be very wary. I ordered a Kindle from Amazon because my old one fried on the beach in Thailand. Couldn't order from Amazon UK as they don't deliver to Thailand so was redirected to the US site. Still no mention of extra charges until I went to pick up from the mailing office . the parcel had been opened by customs with a £6 fee to be paid. Got the bill from Amazon with an $11 delivery charge over and above the $6 dollar P&P. Proved rather expensive in the end....

Message 24 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

For anyone who is interested, I've just posted a video review on the Sena Ultraslim Classic leather pouch for the iPhone 6 Plus, that I received today. The link to it is below. If anyone has any questions about it, then please feel free to ask on the video review thread.

Sena Ultraslim Classic iPhone 6 Plus video review

Message 25 of 25