cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 5S 'Unlatch' (Carphone Warehouse Purchase)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I brought an iPhone 5S from Carphone Warehouse (impulse buy - should have gone to an Apple store!)

I have asked O2 to unlock this phone several times (carphone warehouse iPhones lock to the first network they are used on) but that have said 'they are unable to unlatch the iPhone 5s at this time' is this an O2 issue? Surely Apple wouldn't stop the networks from unlocking phones?

This phone is not linked to any O2 contact - so why cant I get it unlocked? It cant be this hard!!!

Thanks for any help,

Karl

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
It is a shame you didn't go to the apple store as they don't lock to the first sim used unless it's a new contract or upgrade.

Your just going to have to be patient now until O2 start allowing the unlock.

Apple would supply the unlocking solution to 02 if they requested it. Simply O2 won't provide the service yet.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

It usualy takes about 6 months after the iPhone launch to have it unlocked so you might have to wait till Mar/Apr this year.

Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
It is a shame you didn't go to the apple store as they don't lock to the first sim used unless it's a new contract or upgrade.

Your just going to have to be patient now until O2 start allowing the unlock.

Apple would supply the unlocking solution to 02 if they requested it. Simply O2 won't provide the service yet.
Message 3 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149084 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28465 Solutions
Shouldn't be too long to wait now.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Unless your still within the cooling off period to return the iPhone ?
Message 5 of 5