cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oppo Find x2 Pro brought via O2 but appears to have Carphone Warehouse firmware? What is yours?

SibTig
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Folks so i recently got the fantastic Find x2 Pro handset as a upgrade via O2 

I'ts been working pretty great but i was a little concerned that my security patch is only at July.

I checked the firmware and found that the firmware on the device is not a global firmware but a 'carrier' specific one in this case its CPW? whiich seems really odd.

I've heard via xda- that there appears to be issues with this firmware and updates.

Does anyone else have this phone and have the same firmware  - I have received old carphone warehouse stock and should i get the phone replaced? 

Whilst the phone does work great and i dont have any issues as such i just a little concerned that updates will be much slowly on this firmware or maybe even none existant?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@SibTig 

CPW don't have their own firmware.

It's generic so shouldn't be any different the to global RU firmware.

Not all security patches are released every month though.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

SibTig
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the update

although if you check how the other firmwares for the device are defined it would suggest that the CPW  = Carphone warehouse and is 'branded' - shouldnt the O2 device be supplied unbranded? like other devices (assuming there is no O2 specific firmware for this device - which is why i'm asking if others can check their firmware on their device just in case)

Message 3 of 3