Did you mean: 

iPhone 12 no mobile data?

Bruce3
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

I have just upgraded phones from a huawei  p20 to iPhone 12, the problem I’m having is I can’t get 5/4g?? I have to use 4g as I done get 5g yet in north Scotland

can anyone help? 

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Bruce3 

You need to do the sim swap to use the new sim as above Guide: Sim Swap: a mini guide 2017 update 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Bruce3 

You can check here if 5g is available at your postcode O2 Service Status

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

Bruce3
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’m on the Orkney islands, so no 5g yet where I’m at on the islands, i can’t even get connected to 4g but I could with old phone? Thanks in advance 

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Bruce3 

Are calls and texts working?

Are you using your old sim or did you do a sim swap Guide: Sim Swap: a mini guide 2017 update ?

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

Bruce3
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes calls and text ok,  new sim used, then transferred from old phone? If I’ve done it right? 

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Bruce3 

You need to do the sim swap to use the new sim as above Guide: Sim Swap: a mini guide 2017 update 

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6