cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPad Pro Texts

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

Does anyone know how to activate the texting function on iPad Pro 10.5 inch? I'm trying to register for O2 Priority, and it is supposed to send a code to the number to register it, but it doesn't seem to come through? I've had iPads before where texts come through fine on EE but doesn't seem to work on my new one? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You can't receive texts unless they are normal texts and you have Tu installed.
If you need a text from a shortcode number like the verification type of texts you need to put your sim in a phone to get the code.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You can't receive texts unless they are normal texts and you have Tu installed.
If you need a text from a shortcode number like the verification type of texts you need to put your sim in a phone to get the code.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

How does that make any sense? The SMS functionality is ingrained into iOS and worked fine on EE, why wouldn't it work on a different network? And I don't have another phone to put the sim into because it's locked so how am I supposed to register for it? Seems very backwards to me...

Message 3 of 9

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Unless anything has changed recently, that's how it's always been on O2.....

Currently using:
Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've not been with O2 for nearly 10 years, but it seems rather stupid that for someone like me who only has an iPad and no other device to register for anything can't use any of the benefits. Something O2 really should sort out in all honesty. Thank you for clarifying though, will be in touch with customer services about this!
Message 5 of 9

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
That's the best way to sort it.
Let us know if anything has changed too please.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 9

Sammy_boy
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 171 Posts
  • 12 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
You can receive texts on an iPad kind of - the iPad needs to be on the same WiFi network as an iPhone on the same iCloud login. I get texts and reply to them on both my iPad Pro 9.7 and 4th gen iPad Mini.
Message 7 of 9

dlt1972
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 26 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

As above, I can send and receive texts on all my Apple devices: iPhone, iPad and Macbook. Make sure it's turned on on your iPhone in Settings->Messages->Text Message Forwarding.

Message 8 of 9

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
The OP has stated they don't have another phone on O2.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 9