cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMessage won't activate. Tried (almost) everything.

Waldough
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi,

I've switched to o2 from EE, had my number ported over to a physical o2 sim. All seemed to go smoothly until I realised that iMessage wasn't activating. I could send and receive SMS messages fine, along with making/receiving calls and using data. 

Asked for an eSim to be sent out (was always my original intention to have an eSim anyway, they just insisted they needed to send a physical sim out first), I thought this may fix the problem as on the forums I've seen that a sim swap usually resolves these problems, but no, I'm still getting the same issue. Even weirder now, under "Phone" in settings, my phone number is blank. I can't even add a number in there, pressing "save" does nothing at all.

Done all the usual things like turning iMessage off and on again, restarting my phone, resetting network settings, updating to the latest iOS version, nothing works

Contacted o2 over the phone, they couldn't help me, they just kept saying "everything is ok our end, contact Apple", and then Apple send me back to o2. It just seems like no one really knows what's wrong. Could someone please help?

If it helps, my other sim card works perfectly fine, and activates iMessage within a minute.

Thanks

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Waldough
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

How strange. After 3 days of it being completely dead, it's suddenly just started working again, right as I posted this.

Phone number showing under "phone" too.

So if anyone else is having this problem after a port/sim swap, just wait it out. I didn't even have to restart my phone, it just started working.

Thanks for the quick response either way @MI5. Appreciate that

Cheers.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144409 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

Sounds like you need help from @O2Lisa in the morning.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Waldough
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

How strange. After 3 days of it being completely dead, it's suddenly just started working again, right as I posted this.

Phone number showing under "phone" too.

So if anyone else is having this problem after a port/sim swap, just wait it out. I didn't even have to restart my phone, it just started working.

Thanks for the quick response either way @MI5. Appreciate that

Cheers.

Message 3 of 5

O2Lisa
Former Staff
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @MI5 

Happy to hear it’s all working for you @Waldough 😊

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 5

Swedbasher
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi - Similar issues here - sorry. Literally tried everything recommended here - network reset, logged out of iCloud, switched off etc. Any further tips please?

Message 5 of 5