cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If I switched from Sky to O2, would I have issues activating my number on iMessage and FaceTime

ross_mini5
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 16 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I have been with Sky Mobile since, 01/11/22 and I have had an iPhone 13 on contract, since 08/01/23.  But I’m getting sick, tired and very frustrated with the Sky Help Centre.  I have had these problems since I got my new phone:

• Trying to activate my number on iMessage and FaceTime
  • I have noticed some verification codes are not being received (both with 2 step verification and   changing/adding my new number to apps/websites), the text on screen says I may be charged for messages.

My questions are:

• If I switched from Sky to O2, would I be able to activate my number on iMessage and FaceTime easily?
  • And would I have problems receiving some verification codes?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12272 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1141 Solutions

Have you recently moved from another provider to Sky @ross_mini5 , and used a PAC to move a number?

It can take a while to sort out number moves, especially when iPhones are used due to the steps to verify the user/number.

If you were on o2 then I would also say you need the iData bolt on adding to your account - not sure if that applies to Sky Mobile as well.

Any other suggestions @MI5 ?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 4

ross_mini5
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 16 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

On the 08/01/23, I ordered my phone and Sky Mobile transferred my number over.

Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146434 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28171 Solutions

@ross_mini5 

In all honesty, you'll have exactly the same problems with O2.

Your issues are replicated on this forum 1000's of times.

Personally I'd be looking at EE or Vodafone and for an iPhone, Vodafone wins every time.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 4