cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iData Clarification Info.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good Evening Everyone.

Reference a recent thread where the topic of iData Settings ,and what happens around on an end users account that I decided to ask for official clarification.

I asked because it was not clear whether O2 made any adjustments to a persons account or if connection was solely made possible by the set up texts O2 send or by a particular APN being manually keyed in by the end user.

By asking this question this has clarified that a Contract Customer has a specific iData setting on their account ,and a Pay As You Go Customer does not.

This information will help having data connection issues as we now know it is not necessary to advise a Pay As You Go Customer to contact O2 Customer Services to be asked to be placed on iData Settings. I hope this clears up why I asked

Below is the reply.

Credits to @Toby and the team.

"iPhone on Pay Monthly
The data bolt-on added on the account is typically a specific iPhone one and the setting (APN) for the phone would be idata.o2.co.uk However, if the customer doesn’t have the iPhone bolt-on, they can still use data by changing the APN to mobile.o2.co.uk

iPhone on Pay & Go
There’s no idata settings either for the account or the device. The APN is payandgo.o2.co.uk

iPad on Pay Monthly
There’s no idata settings either for the account or the device. The APN is mobile.o2.co.uk

iPad on Pay & Go
There’s no idata settings either for the account or the device. The APN is ibrowse.o2.co.uk"

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi guys,

I have updated this thread's OP.

My sincere apologies for relaying the wrong info and thanks to everyone for noticing slight_smile
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

View solution in original post

Message 12 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Isnt mobile.O2.Co.UK the standard data apn?
Only asking because my original sources list the following:
Pay monthly
Idata.O2.Co.UK as the apn
Pay and go
Payandgo.O2.Co.UK as the apn

My Xperia uses mobile.O2.Co.UK as it's apn and I believe by changing it it could mess up online access

I'm not sure about ipads but would suspect some kind of additional apn location address would be needed than just o2.Co.UK

Message 2 of 12

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Message 3 of 12

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

I never mind admitting in public that I'm confused, so for all of the others on here who are confused but too shy to admit it, can I ask @Toby to clarify this clarification please ?

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 4 of 12

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi guys,

I asked for this info from the team after bandofbrothers asked for clarification slight_smile

Get involved:

Message 5 of 12

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Toby but the info in this thread appears to be different.....or am I being dense....which is quite a common occurrence at this time of the day Jaw-dropping

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 6 of 12

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122803 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

I never mind admitting to my confusion at any time... I waited to see  further advice on this particular thread as I had read it and found it interesting....and the fact some of it had been disputed.

Still unsure as to what is correct or incorrect if honest...Smiley Embarassed

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Good Evening Everyone.

Reference a recent thread where the topic of iData Settings ,and what happens around on an end users account that I decided to ask for official clarification.

Below is the reply.

Credits to @Toby and the team.

"iPhone on Pay Monthly
The data bolt-on added on the account is typically a specific iPhone one and the setting (APN) for the phone would be o2.co.uk However, if the customer doesn’t have the iPhone bolt-on, they can still use data by changing the APN to mobile.o2.co.uk

iPhone on Pay & Go
There’s no idata settings either for the account or the device. The APN is o2.co.uk

iPad on Pay Monthly
There’s no idata settings either for the account or the device. The APN is o2.co.uk

iPad on Pay & Go
There’s no idata settings either for the account or the device. The APN is o2.co.uk"

Hi @Anonymous I have just followed this on my iPhone 5 and now I can't see any internet?

Does this take a while to activate?

-Mel-

Message 8 of 12

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi guys,

I'm checking this for everyone, but I gave this info to bandofbrothers and got it straight from the team. I'll get back to you all.

Get involved:

Message 9 of 12

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93176 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
You didn't really need to ask @Toby for clarification , most knowledgeable members on here are aware of the settings and how they work.We have been always correct in the advice we give so I'm at a loss as to the OPs confusion.
Ah well, it's another thread.....
Message 10 of 12