cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iData Clarification Info.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good Evening Everyone.

Reference a recent thread where the topic of iData Settings ,and what happens around on an end users account that I decided to ask for official clarification.

I asked because it was not clear whether O2 made any adjustments to a persons account or if connection was solely made possible by the set up texts O2 send or by a particular APN being manually keyed in by the end user.

By asking this question this has clarified that a Contract Customer has a specific iData setting on their account ,and a Pay As You Go Customer does not.

This information will help having data connection issues as we now know it is not necessary to advise a Pay As You Go Customer to contact O2 Customer Services to be asked to be placed on iData Settings. I hope this clears up why I asked

Below is the reply.

Credits to @Toby and the team.

"iPhone on Pay Monthly
The data bolt-on added on the account is typically a specific iPhone one and the setting (APN) for the phone would be idata.o2.co.uk However, if the customer doesn’t have the iPhone bolt-on, they can still use data by changing the APN to mobile.o2.co.uk

iPhone on Pay & Go
There’s no idata settings either for the account or the device. The APN is payandgo.o2.co.uk

iPad on Pay Monthly
There’s no idata settings either for the account or the device. The APN is mobile.o2.co.uk

iPad on Pay & Go
There’s no idata settings either for the account or the device. The APN is ibrowse.o2.co.uk"

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
I disagree with you jonsie. If any member wants to ask for official clarification on info they advise others, they should absolutely do that.

I also asked bandofbrothers to post this, as it could help others.

I'm going to close this thread now and return if anything needs to be added.
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 11 of 12

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi guys,

I have updated this thread's OP.

My sincere apologies for relaying the wrong info and thanks to everyone for noticing slight_smile
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 12 of 12