Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi calling not working with O2

JuanRR
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ever since switching to O2 with an Iphone 13 mini I cannot get wifi calling to work even when the option is on on both my O2 and my iphone options

Message 1 of 17
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124189 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

Hi @JuanRR 

How to set up Wifi and 4G Calling - iPhone

First you'll need to add Wifi and 4G Calling to your account.

For personal tariff customers: Sign in to My O2, go to Device Details and tap Wifi and 4G Calling where you can then add the service to your account.

Business customers: Contact Business customer services, your Digital Advisor or Business Partner.

Once your new services are added to your account, follow the instructions below to enable Wifi and 4G Calling.

You can turn on Wifi and 4G Calling in your device settings:

1. To enable Wifi Calling, go to Settings > Phone > Wi-Fi Calling. Make sure Wi-Fi Calling is set to On. To switch off Wifi Calling, set the toggle to Off.

2. To switch on 4G Calling, go to Settings > Mobile Data > Mobile Data Options > Enable 4G and then Voice & Data to enable 4G Calling. To switch off 4G Calling, select ‘Data’.

If you don't see a Wi-Fi Calling or 4G Calling menu option, you may have to update to the latest iPhone software:

• Go to Settings > General >Software Update. Install an update if available (you’ll need iOS 10.3 or above).
  • Once installed go to Settings > General > About. The ‘Carrier’ value on this screen should be set to 28.3 or above. If this hasn’t updated automatically, you should get a message from us to update to new carrier settings. Accept by pressing ‘Update’.
  • Follow the instructions above to enable Wifi and 4G Calling.

Please note: This set-up process may re-start your device so if you would like to receive these instructions by email please click here and we will send them over.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/network-coverage-and-international/wifi-and-4g-calling#iphone-video-link 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124189 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

Hi @JuanRR 

How to set up Wifi and 4G Calling - iPhone

First you'll need to add Wifi and 4G Calling to your account.

For personal tariff customers: Sign in to My O2, go to Device Details and tap Wifi and 4G Calling where you can then add the service to your account.

Business customers: Contact Business customer services, your Digital Advisor or Business Partner.

Once your new services are added to your account, follow the instructions below to enable Wifi and 4G Calling.

You can turn on Wifi and 4G Calling in your device settings:

1. To enable Wifi Calling, go to Settings > Phone > Wi-Fi Calling. Make sure Wi-Fi Calling is set to On. To switch off Wifi Calling, set the toggle to Off.

2. To switch on 4G Calling, go to Settings > Mobile Data > Mobile Data Options > Enable 4G and then Voice & Data to enable 4G Calling. To switch off 4G Calling, select ‘Data’.

If you don't see a Wi-Fi Calling or 4G Calling menu option, you may have to update to the latest iPhone software:

• Go to Settings > General >Software Update. Install an update if available (you’ll need iOS 10.3 or above).
  • Once installed go to Settings > General > About. The ‘Carrier’ value on this screen should be set to 28.3 or above. If this hasn’t updated automatically, you should get a message from us to update to new carrier settings. Accept by pressing ‘Update’.
  • Follow the instructions above to enable Wifi and 4G Calling.

Please note: This set-up process may re-start your device so if you would like to receive these instructions by email please click here and we will send them over.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/network-coverage-and-international/wifi-and-4g-calling#iphone-video-link 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 17

JuanRR
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

With Vodafone I used to have a visual icon to show is working, this one is supposed to be on but is not working because the signal in my flat is nonexistent 

Message 3 of 17

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23513 Posts
  • 1035 Topics
  • 3746 Solutions

@JuanRR Have you contacted O2 to enable WiFi calling from their end?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 17

OAPGardener
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am also trying to get wifi calling on my Samsung Galaxy - I have a PAYG O2 sim. When I go into My O2 it keep saying that the phone needs unlocking. I contacted O2 and they replied that they cannot unlatch the phone as its not an O2 mobile. I am going round in circles here. Can anyone help please

Message 5 of 17

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7097 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1586 Solutions

@OAPGardener O2 do not yet allow WiFi Calling or 4G Calling on PAYG 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 6 of 17

OneUI_3_update
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Where is device details in my o2 as I can not see it under any option

Message 7 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 124189 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

@OneUI_3_update 
You will find Wifi calling here in My O2. (Web Version) On the first page after logging in and under the section MORE.

It won't be available if you are on PAYG.

My O2 More23.jpg

This is the Web version and on the old legacy tariff. (Not the new 360 billing system)

Hope this helps?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 17

OneUI_3_update
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Unfortunately my o2 dose not look like that it gives me this one with no more option

Screenshot_20231014_092649_Chrome.jpg

Message 9 of 17

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10626 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3094 Solutions

@OneUI_3_update 

It does seem to be missing from the new billing platform.. as I cant find WiFi Calling on my wife's account which is on the 360 platform. 

@Enlli  you seem to be on the 360 platform any ideas where to find it??

I am afraid you will need to call o2, to enable it...

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 10 of 17