Did you mean: 

Verification texts / iMessage Activation issues

GoonerByron
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

Have recently joined O2 and ported my number across. It’s been a couple of days since but having quite a few issues..

- Don’t receive bank verification SMS to setup Apple Pay

- Don’t receive Facebook SMS to verify account

- iMessage / Facetime activation doesn’t work. Looking online this apparently uses a ‘silent SMS’ so fits in with the above.

I have tried in a second Apple handset and get the same thing so it is not a phone problem. Can text normal numbers back and forth without issue though.

Any ideas? My last idea is to get a new SIM sent out and swap over.

My partner also moved and ported number to O2 on the same day and all of the above features are working fine.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Good to hear @DMK78 

I think you were advised everything bar a new sim, so that's something to remember for the next query.... 😂

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 16

GreenBadger
Level 4: Observant
  • 34 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

I think the OP had other issues but in my experience an iMessage activation issue following a port can sometimes be solved by updating the number in settings/phone/my number and ensuring it is set to the ported number once the port is complete rather than the temporary number

Message 12 of 16

lewys-gp
Former Staff
  • 921 Posts
  • 89 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks for sharing, @GreenBadger 🙌.

Community Manager for the O2 Community 🙂
Message 13 of 16

L_W_Ward
  • 625 Posts
  • 42 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Agreed. Both me and my wife had this issue. It’s a clash type thing and changing the internal number sorted it for both of us! 

iPhone 13 Pro Max 25gBG,
iPad 9th Gen,
Apple Watch Ultra,
,Airpod Pro,
Apple TV 4K,
Apple TV HD,
HomePods,
Message 14 of 16

Thewire
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Having switching my number over to o2 on the 28th september. Seven weeks later i am still having problems verifying my number so it will not let me send text messages and sends i messages through my email address and not my phone number. Rang apple to confirm there is not a problem with the phone and been in to the o2 store three times, also i have swapped the sim. after countless phone calls to customer service was told that a manager would ring me last night 14/11/22 which they did then hung up on me. Rang back customer service told the what happened and was told that a manager would ring me today which they did and hung up on yet again. In the seven weeks of problems they have given a £5 credit. Not looking for credit i just want phone working as it should.

Message 15 of 16

Breanna
Former Staff
  • 1808 Posts
  • 117 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

Morning @O2Sarah ‌‌😊 Can you take a look at the above for @Thewire?

Message 16 of 16