cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using iPhone abroad

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am currently travelling in Germany and Austria and I am unable to get any service. I am only able to use phone on wifi. I have tried all the usual things, resetting phone, resetting network settings, removing and replacing SIM. I have had a long online chat with O2 and they were unable to resolve. My next step is to try to have an on-line chat with their Tech Team - but this is proving difficult to achieve. In the meantime any further suggestions would be gratefully received.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

Out of interest @Anonymous did you try changing the apn as I suggested, as that would have given you the same short term result?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 12

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Awesome to hear it got sorted in the end @Anonymous! slight_smile If you know what it was that was changed, please do let us know as the others mentioned above. It might help someone else troubleshoot their issue faster next time in case others experience the same. 

Message 12 of 12