cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using iPhone abroad

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am currently travelling in Germany and Austria and I am unable to get any service. I am only able to use phone on wifi. I have tried all the usual things, resetting phone, resetting network settings, removing and replacing SIM. I have had a long online chat with O2 and they were unable to resolve. My next step is to try to have an on-line chat with their Tech Team - but this is proving difficult to achieve. In the meantime any further suggestions would be gratefully received.

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just in case anyone picks up this thread in the future - please be aware that you will be unable to resolve this yourself.

I used the phone in a Germany a month ago with no problems - and I had not altered anything since.

I was able to get connected on on line chat to 2nd Line Team (O2 guru). After trying many things again for him, he was able to see that my mobile was not picking up a network and he made some alterations at O2.  Within a few minutes everything was up and working.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122356 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous Have you tried a manual network search? It may be that your phone isn't connecting to the usual networks but would connect to another one.

Have you got data roaming /mobile data enabled on your phone?

The above are just a couple of things that spring to my mind...though I am no expert with iPhones so I'm sure others will be along to give further advice wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 12

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
Are you pay monthly or payg any roaming restrictions on the account etc
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 3 of 12

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Look in your network settings and see what apn you are using.
If it is idata.o2.co.uk change it to mobile.o2.co.uk and vice versa.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks - tried those already but thanks for response.
Message 5 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for replies I will see if any of them solve it

Message 6 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just in case anyone picks up this thread in the future - please be aware that you will be unable to resolve this yourself.

I used the phone in a Germany a month ago with no problems - and I had not altered anything since.

I was able to get connected on on line chat to 2nd Line Team (O2 guru). After trying many things again for him, he was able to see that my mobile was not picking up a network and he made some alterations at O2.  Within a few minutes everything was up and working.

Message 7 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122356 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Pleased it's working for you at last @Anonymous though would be interested to know what he did that wasn't already suggested? Strange one. However as said, pleased you got it sorted...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 12

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Changed the date package at a guess.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 12

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Changed the date package at a guess.

That would be my guess too. It's strange how O2 cause so many issues with data connectivity.

Message 10 of 12