Did you mean: 

Unlocking

he1en
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I've tried to unlock my phone (iPhone 6 Plus) via the app and website, but nothing's come through so far. How long do they tend to take? And what does the following mean?

'If you’ve got an iPhone or an iPad, you’ll need to connect it to iTunes once you’ve put a non-O2 sim into the device. iTunes will then tell you the phone or tablet is unlocked.'

(From https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/unlocking-an-o2-mobile-to-use-on-a-different-netwo...)

I don't really want to mess with ejecting my O2 SIM, activating my new SIM, putting that in and connecting to iTunes for it to just tell me my phone's still locked to O2.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 15
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@he1en

Try this

If you’ve already requested an unlock for your iPhone but you feel it hasn’t worked, try the following:

1) Insert a non-O2 SIM in the phone

2) Connect to Wi-Fi

3) Go to Settings > General > About, and enter your Apple ID and password, and you should be good to go.

If it’s still not working, please contact customer services on 202 or 4445 or post on the community so we can escalate the issue for you.

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-card/ba-p/1...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
No need to connect to itunes, just replace sim with a non o2 sim, but only once you've had the confirmation email which have been taking upwards of 2 weeks recently.
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-card/ba-p/1...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@he1en

Try this

If you’ve already requested an unlock for your iPhone but you feel it hasn’t worked, try the following:

1) Insert a non-O2 SIM in the phone

2) Connect to Wi-Fi

3) Go to Settings > General > About, and enter your Apple ID and password, and you should be good to go.

If it’s still not working, please contact customer services on 202 or 4445 or post on the community so we can escalate the issue for you.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 15

he1en
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks both - I’ve started the new SIM activation / keeping my number process now so when I’ve had confirmation that it’s good to go I’ll follow those steps
Message 4 of 15

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

Best of luck @he1en

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Good luck @he1en

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 15

he1en
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi again,

My number's been transferred over to my non-O2 SIM, but my phone's still locked to O2 as I get 'SIM Not Supported'. I've PMd Emilie, but in case she's not around today is there anyone else who can help unlock my phone?

Thanks,

Helen.

Message 7 of 15

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
@Marjo or @Martin-O2 can also help you.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 15

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Sorry to hear it's still not unlocked @he1en! As @EmilieT is indeed off today, I'm happy to check this for you in the meantime. I'll need some further information so I'll drop you a PM shortly and we can take it from there. slight_smile

Cheers for the tag and troubleshooting @MI5 & @Cleoriffslight_smile

Message 9 of 15

he1en
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Just to say - thanks again for all the help. All sorted now!
Message 10 of 15