• 27489 Solutions

1 -  Will I be able to get my iphone on Refresh from anywhere else but O2
NO

2 - When can I pre-order my iPhone 6s
Sat 12th from 8.00am Pre-Orders

3 - How long will it be before my iPhone arrives
First deliveries expected Sept 25th

4 - They don't have the colour/gb I want in stock
Then you will have to wait or get your phone elsewhere...but you wont get Refresh

5 -  O2 say they have put my iPhone out for delivery but I haven't got it yet
As soon as O2 dispatch your iPhone they’ll send you a notification of this – you should expect to receive your iPhone the following day (except Sundays). O2 are using a mixture of DPD & UKMail and you’ll be able to track the delivery from the confirmation they send. If there are any unexpected delays or issues, this will be reflected on the tracking link. Once dispatched, tracking details can be found on your My O2 account (not the My O2 app).

6 - Will customers due an upgrade get priority on pre-orders/orders?
No O2 operate a fair deal for all policy

7 - Is it better to order directly from Apple?
It depends whether you want an unlocked sim free phone in preference to a Refresh tariff ?

8 - I don't want my iPhone locked where can I buy it from
Apple

9 - Can i unlock my new O2 iphone?
Not until O2 announces it which is usually 6 months after it is released or you pay off your device plan in full

10 -  Where can we watch the live stream
You will need Apple TV then go here http://www.apple.com/apple-events/

(Other streams may also be available if you search for them).

11 -  Will all places have sufficient stock?
O2 are in a good position with stock, with many variants still in stock ready for delivery tomorrow (if ordered before 9pm Thu 24th Sep). Stores will also have stock, though may be limited so best to get in early or to contact the store before visiting.

12 - If i order online will i receive my order on launch day?
It depends on stock levels

13 - How do I pre order the iphone 6s/6s+
You can pre order the handsets by visiting the o2 website, in store or over the phone by contacting 202 from your o2 handset. 

14 - I cant get through to place my order
Avoid times such as lunch times and immediately after work hours, these times are most busiest in week days.

15 - It says the model/colour/size i want isn’t available, will it become available later on?
If the model you want isn’t available for next day delivery, you may still be able to order this with delayed delivery – online or by phone. If the model goes fully out of stock (and O2 aren’t taking further back orders) then it will become available for order again later on, but O2 are unlikely to know exactly when so best to keep an eye on it.

16 - Do i get a better deal? I've been with o2 for a number of years?

O2 operate a fair deal for all policy, this means everyone will get offered the best deal available at that time. if this is concerning, you are best advised to call contract retentions on 202, where an agent may be able to assist you with a personalised offer.

17 - I've made my pre order, what now?
If you hear no bad news between now and release day, you can expect to have your handset delivered before 5pm on release day. most deliveries are before that time 

18 - O2 have contacted me and said there's an issue with my pre-order, what do i do?
Contact customer service asap on 202 to get any issues resolved that may delay your new phone being dispatched.

19 - Why is O2 so expensive compared with apple for handset price?
They are not, you are looking at a certain refresh plan where the handset price will come to more, if you look around all the tariff options you will more than likely find a tariff where the handset cost is the same, if not less than direct from Apple.

20 - I've found a better deal elsewhere, how do i cancel my pre order?
You can cancel without penalty by contacting customer services on 202. however if you have paid a previous plan off in order to upgrade, early upgrade fees are non-refundable and are classed as a contract settlement payment. you will still be able to upgrade this account at a 3rd party site/store

21 - Do Apple allow contract connections on O2?
Yes, but they can only offer standard payment contracts, they do not offer O2 refresh contracts, only through O2 can you purchase a device on Refresh.

22 - The iphone is released tomorrow but I still have not had dispatch confirmation.
Dispatch confirmation can come very, very late on iphone releases, the usual O2 cut off time for dispatch info is around 10pm but with iphone release, this can be as late as midnight as staff work extra hard to fulfil as many orders as possible. if you have not received notification by the morning of expected delivery, contact customer services on 202

23 - I've received my dispatch email, but when I try to track the number, it says item not found, why?
Because o2 will alert you to the dispatch number as they put your item in a shipping bag, not when the courier has picked it up. If you get the dispatch email, your phone IS coming, it has been picked and is currently awaiting collection by a courier.

24 - I’ve been told to pick up my phone from a store and given an earlier date to do it, sweet!!
This is a mistake on picking, that is the day the store will receive the item, you can only collect it on release day.

25 - The store I'm supposed to be collecting it from say they don't have it, why not?
Contact customer services on 202 and quote the details given in your confirmation email.

26 - My iPhone has arrived and its wrong colour/size/model
Contact customer services to discuss your options.

27 - I can't get through to customer services!
Obviously they are extremely busy, unfortunately you will have to keep trying.

Early mornings are the best time to try.

28 - I want to use "refresh" to upgrade to a new 6s?

See Refresh guide here for details. 

29 - Can I get my O2 Open discount with the iPhone 6s / 6s+

Not usually until around 6 months after launch but is at O2's discretion and confirmation is required.

New iPhone tariff info here including 30gb data deal.

Official O2 announcement thread by @Chris_K here

Prices:

prices.PNG

Credits to @jonsie for the idea and @Cleoriff and @viridis for their research slight_smile

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Very muted isn't it.
It's like the z3+ imo
Message 11 of 17

adz999
Level 4: Observant
  • 46 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Just Glad the Apple watch wasnt around last year, the constant vibrating from email alerts would have given me VWF!

MacBook Pro
Apple TV
PS4
iPhone 7+
Message 12 of 17

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I thought this thread was going to be locked to keep it as just a FAQ thread?...#just saying...Confused

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 17

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Pre-orders live
https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/brand/apple/#sort=content.sorting.featured
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 14 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
adz999 wrote:

"Still want a 6s plus though, even if i cant really justify it!"

I know what it's like to be seduced by Apple. wink

But I've learned to keep an open mind about the alternatives out there, not just Android but also Windows. If you ever find yourself trying to justify a particular purchase, then perhaps you should wait awhile, as new handsets are being released all the time, and it pays to shop around.
Message 15 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

My existing 5s contract was eligible for upgrade 27th September. 

I pre-ordered the 6s plus on 12th September. I was charged £32 fee for early upgrade. But I won't have the new phone until 2 days before upgrade date at earliest. Does this seem right to everyone else?

Message 16 of 17

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

My existing 5s contract was eligible for upgrade 27th September. 

I pre-ordered the 6s plus on 12th September. I was charged £32 fee for early upgrade. But I won't have the new phone until 2 days before upgrade date at earliest. Does this seem right to everyone else?

Ask CS for a refund.

It was charged because it's what you owed at time of ordering however, you will pay this again on your next bill.

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Currently using:
Message 17 of 17