cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smashed screen

Anonymous
Not applicable
So I cracked my iPhone 6s screen I have o2 insurance and still under Apple warranty. Apple are telling me it's going to cost £106 to get fixed. I know if I go with o2 to get fixed it means I'll be without my phone so can anyone tell me how long it takes o2 to fix a screen
Message 1 of 21
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
It's impossible to get another phone

Then you have to decide what's best for you. Apple is faster but more expensive. O2 repairs are cheaper but will take longer. Depending on what type of insurance you have with O2...they may loan you a basic phone. You could ring and check..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous. It should take only a few days for a smashed screen to be replaced via O2 repairers. However have you checked with O2 insurance whether you will incur further charges such as policy excess etc? I know Apple can replace a screen whilst you wait if you book it in via an appointment. At the end of the day the choice is yours....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
They had said to me it will charge £60
Message 3 of 21

Cleoriff
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
They had said to me it will charge £60

Then it is obviously cheaper Chloe but will take longer. It really is up to you. The time for O2 repairs depends on what needs doing and their workload.

They may turn it round in 3 days but that is minimum time. Can you borrow a phone whilst yours is away for repair?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 5 of 21

Cleoriff
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Then you have to decide what's best for you. Apple is faster but more expensive. O2 repairs are cheaper but will take longer. Depending on what type of insurance you have with O2...they may loan you a basic phone. You could ring and check..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous Go with Apple their customer service is known to be excellent but o2 repairers don't have a good reputation 

Message 7 of 21

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
So I cracked my iPhone 6s screen I have o2 insurance and still under Apple warranty. Apple are telling me it's going to cost £106 to get fixed. I know if I go with o2 to get fixed it means I'll be without my phone so can anyone tell me how long it takes o2 to fix a screen

For future reference, warranty is irrelevant with broken screens. 

Message 8 of 21

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@Anonymous As the others have advised, you would be much better off taking the phone directly to Apple for it to be repaired while you wait, particularly as you don't have a replacement phone. The repairers O2 use have a less than stellar reputation. If you do a search on the forum you will find many threads complaining about them.

When your insurance with O2 comes up for renewal, the best thing to do is look elsewhere. Many banks do insurance for phones, and many home contents insurance policies cover them as well, although most, if not all don't offer coverage for smashed screens.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 9 of 21

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93227 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Using O2 will mean a repair of anything around 7-10 days and whilst it may well come back with a pristine new screen, you may find dents and scratches where none appeared before. Take photos of the condition of the phone but I would repeat the advise of others and deal directly with Apple.

Message 10 of 21