Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem With Visual Voicemail Since iOS 12

brettIT
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Is anyone else having problems with Visual Voicemail since the iOS 12 update? People can leave a message but I don't get any notification and nothing within the voicemail section of the phone app.

I have tried resetting, changing and updating settings on my phone, but have just found out it is also happening on my wife's phone, so it is either to do with iOS 12 or O2.

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29

longwayround
  • 9 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I was advised (after four hours of live chat!) that there is an issue with iOS 12 and O2 with Visual Voicemail. Whether the problem is at Apple's end or at O2's end was not disclosed to me.

Message 11 of 30

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
No one else has reported it so I'm sure there would have been many posts if that was the case?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 30

longwayround
  • 9 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I must admit: part of my reason for posting here is to sniff out the truth of the matter!

Message 13 of 30

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
@Martin-O2 is there anything known about this?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 14 of 30

James_Hart
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am having the same problem, long time iPhone 6S user working fine but since the IOS12 update I'm not getting voicemail notifications so I'm having to manually check dialling 901. Have rebooted phone, tried airplane mode, reset network settings and texted 9011.

Message 15 of 30

orango
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I'm having the same problem, done reset, turned off, tried STATE 9011  nothing works

Message 16 of 30

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Seems there might be an issue then @Martin-O2 ?

Currently using:
Message 17 of 30

BubBob
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yep, add me to the list, updated to iOS12 yesterday, just realised that I hadnt recieved a voicemiail notification since. Dialled 901 to find I had loads of voicemails and even managed to lose some business by not responding to them...Excellent...FIX IT NOW!

Message 18 of 30

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey guys, thanks for the tag @MI5 I'll grab it. slight_smile Haven't heard of any issues myself but can check if we can get any info to share. 

Message 19 of 30

brettIT
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I rebooted my phone this morning and received 6 new messages, my wife's phone is having exactley the same problem.

I to have to keep calling 901 to check to see if any clients have left a message. This really isn't any good.

I have also found that if I have WiFi calling on my phone just rings and never goes to voicemail.

Message 20 of 30