cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting

Anonymous
Not applicable
So I am changing my number from EE to o2, I gave o2 my pac code on Wednesday morning it’s now Friday night and I can’t recieve any texts or calls from no one! This is so annoying me as I have no phone now and can’t answer any important calls! Don’t understand why it’s doing this I’ve done everything o2 and the internet said and still my iMessage says no number! Wtf
Message 1 of 18
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Only customer service can help you with the porting issue. The big problem is that the porting isn't done at weekends so it will be at least Monday before you get this issue sorted out. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Only customer service can help you with the porting issue. The big problem is that the porting isn't done at weekends so it will be at least Monday before you get this issue sorted out. 

Message 2 of 18

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

Seems to be a lot of these problems happening recently. @Anonymous Has your old EE sim stopped working? If so, have you tried switching your phone with your O2 sim on and off? If you are still having this issue, the port has probably failed and you will have to go through the process again. Unfortunately, ports aren't carried out on weekends, so you'll have to wait until Monday to speak to Customer Service.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122819 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

It seems a bit slow if this process started on Wednesday. Give customer services a call tomorrow and ask what the issue is https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

I am presuming you have rebooted your phone every couple of hrs or so to see if it is working?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes my EE sim has stopped working! Yeah I’ve been turning my phone on and off since Wednesday! So frustrating
Message 5 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
That’s not good enough I’m going to ask for a 4 day refund as I got this phone 4 days ago and haven’t been able to recieve calls
Message 6 of 18

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

Yes by all means ask for a refund when you speak to Customer Service. We are all customers here. If you want to lodge a formal complaint, follow this link:  https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 18

MI5
  • 144171 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Whenever there is a problem, it's always when porting from EE!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 18

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

You're within your rights but you will have problems porting back until you have a working number. Your port has failed, probably a split port so that needs sorting out. At this stage it's impossible to say where the blame lies, O2 or EE, but O2 will maybe have to request the porting files again from EE. 

Message 9 of 18

MI5
  • 144171 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
It's finding someone to take ownership that will be the biggest problem though....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 18