cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ported number, new 12 - I can send SMS and make calls, but receive neither.

Fletch
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have a new iPhone 12 which worked fine on the original number O2 gave me. Now that my old number has been ported over, I cannot recieve texts or phonecalls but can send SMS and call others. If i try to call my number from another phone, it says "Number not recognised".

The port was supposed to be finished by 6pm on Tuesday, and my old phone sim deactivated at some point that day. I never received any notification of that completing.

My messages settings say "Waiting for activation" under imessage, and I cannot select my number in the iMessage "you can receive..." section as it has a loading symbol.

I have restarted, signed out and in of Apple ID, reset network settings, turned off imessage and facetime, rebooted and turned on again etc etc pretty much any option google found.

I put the sim into my old 6s and it has the exact same issue, so I'm guessing it's a carrier problem. I cannot contact O2 as the phone lines say emergencies only and the live chat has said all agents busy all day. It's a pain as all of my accounts including financial are 2FA with SMS code which I cannot receive. 

Any guidance whilst I'm waiting for some form of support to be available would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Fletch
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
A quick extra note - I could not send SMS until I changed the "my number" setting to the new, ported number.
Message 2 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Fletch 

I'll ask @O2Emma or @O2Waqas to see if they can help.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 4

O2Waqas
Former Staff
  • 139 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

@MI5 Thank you for the tag, 

@Fletch Apologies for the inconvenience caused I will send you a private message so we can look into this further

Thanks 

signature
Message 4 of 4