cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phoning UK numbers while abroad

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,
I have just come back from a week away in Ireland, and while I was out there i wanted to throw my phone at a wall a few times!
Have an iPhone 5 running ios7, i could dial irish numbers with no issues and take calls from uk numbers. However, the phone would not connect any calls made back to uk numbers. I had a friend out in Dublin with a uk mobile number who i had a missed call from, it would not connect even with +44 or 0044 or 044 and dropping the first 0, neither would just dialling the number alone work. However, i could answer his call and talk. Same issue with dialling a uk landline, it refused to connect the call in all the above iterations, yet it could call an Irish mobile number with international pre-fix. I have the international roaming bolt on, yet i cant dial back to the UK. All i would get is call failed and some beeping, which when I'm at Dublin airport trying to ring for a lift at the other end is slightly annoying!
I have checked and double checked, there are no options to disable or otherwise international calls - so it is either something else on the phone, or somethings wrong on my call package where i can dial Irish numbers but not UK?! When out there it was running on O2ie
Message 1 of 1
0 REPLIES 0