Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have lost my phone abroad

Meganliz_1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello, I have lost my phone abroad and cannot gain access to my O2 account as it is asking for a code being sent to my phone that is lost. I would like to find out if i purchase a Spanish iPhone would it be possible to transfer my number, data and sim could be swapped over to that purchase?

Kind regards, 

Megan Roberts

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7367 Posts
  • 53 Topics
  • 1606 Solutions

First it needs reporting and O2 will then issue a new SIM with the same number. Until then you will be liable for any calles or data used.

However, that SIM will only be sent to a UK address.

As to your data that will depend on whether the contents of the old phone

being backed up it iTunes 

Guide: Lost or Stolen O2 Device? - How to Report it 

@Meganliz_1 wrote:

Hello, I have lost my phone abroad and cannot gain access to my O2 account as it is asking for a code being sent to my phone that is lost. I would like to find out if i purchase a Spanish iPhone would it be possible to transfer my number, data and sim could be swapped over to that purchase?

Kind regards, 

Megan Roberts

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7367 Posts
  • 53 Topics
  • 1606 Solutions

First it needs reporting and O2 will then issue a new SIM with the same number. Until then you will be liable for any calles or data used.

However, that SIM will only be sent to a UK address.

As to your data that will depend on whether the contents of the old phone

being backed up it iTunes 

Guide: Lost or Stolen O2 Device? - How to Report it 

@Meganliz_1 wrote:

Kind regards, 

Megan Roberts

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 3

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124758 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7533 Solutions

@Meganliz_1 

In the meantime, buy yourself a cheap phone in Spain with a local PAYG sim.

You will be able to keep in touch with family and friends whilst you are away. Choose a family member who can text you all your important phone contact numbers.

Ask them to download Whatsapp or Messenger and you can keep in touch with them over Wifi, which will cost you nothing.

Be aware, once you have reported your O2 phone lost, O2 will bar the phone and sim. Sort that out asap, otherwise, as @Enlli said, you will be liable for any costs incurred after 24hrs. 

A word of advice about buying a phone and tariff in Spain. You will need your passport and a letter from your accommodation as proof you have a temporary address in the country.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 3