cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Recycle and iCloud

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have an iPhone 4s 32gb which I intend to send to O2 recycle.

I have the recycle pack and noticed the note about iCloud. I have already erased my iPhone so now it is black and, in essence, you have to set it up again with a simcard etc...

When I erased iPhone, will that have deleted iCloud too, or, will I have to re-setup my phone, delete iCloud and then erase my phone again?

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
All you need to do is as you have.

Settings , General , Reset , erase all contents and settings.

If your using another iPhone then when you insert the SIM card and come to the part about set up as a new device or back up - use the back up.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
All you need to do is as you have.

Settings , General , Reset , erase all contents and settings.

If your using another iPhone then when you insert the SIM card and come to the part about set up as a new device or back up - use the back up.
Message 2 of 10

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93174 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6966 Solutions

It won't erase icloud and you will still be able to sign in. You only need deregister the device.

Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, I have logged into my iCloud account via the internet (so not my phone) under 'My Devices' it says no devices. Does that mean anything?

Either way, I still have my original sim card, it's in a OnePlus 1 now. So I can put that back into my old iPhone re-set it up and delete iCloud account that way. Would that be better?

Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes it means the iPhone you had linked to iCloud has been removed and also can no longer be tracked by findmyiphone

The only reason to erase all contents and settings is if your doing what you are or selling it and then the buyer can key in their own Apple ID.

Theirs no requirement to delete your iCloud account.
Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Edit : are you going to be using a non iPhone.

If so this may be something to consider.

Phone O2 and tell them your not using an iPhone anymore and need taking off iData Settings.

And you'll need to disassociate your mobile number away from iMessage.

Link : http://www.idownloadblog.com/2014/05/14/how-to-remove-a-phone-number-from-imessage/
Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much for the help, I can proceed to send my phone back to O2 today then, good good!

Will have a look at iData and iMessage bits and bobs now!

Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
No worries and yes you can send it off with confidence.
Message 8 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Either way, I still have my original sim card, it's in a OnePlus 1 now. 

Is the one plus one working on data OK and sending/receiving text messages OK?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have an iPhone 4s 32gb which I intend to send to O2 recycle.

I have the recycle pack and noticed the note about iCloud. I have already erased my iPhone so now it is black and, in essence, you have to set it up again with a simcard etc...

When I erased iPhone, will that have deleted iCloud too, or, will I have to re-setup my phone, delete iCloud and then erase my phone again?

When you erase your iPhone by going into Settings/General, Reset , erase all contents and setting. Your iCloud data will still be there. You will get access to this iCloud data again once you sign in with the same Apple ID on your new iPhone.

You may get prompted to enter your Apple ID to turn off Find My IPhone on your old iPhone. The reason for this is, this is a security feature that is now built into iOS so as to stop a thief from stealing your iPhone, erasing it and then continuing to use it. Its always best to turn off Find My iPhone when selling an iPhone or sending it in for a repair.

Message 10 of 10