cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Open discount is not available for iPhone 5C & iPhone 5S

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, I've just recently received an O2 Open 30% discount code which I was going to use on a new O2 Refresh contract for an IPhone 5S. I was told about this offer by the manager of my local O2 store on Saturday. However, I have just been informed by O2 customer services that the O2 Open discount will not be valid for the new iPhone 5C and iPhone 5S!!!! O2 never cease to suprise me. First, I get told that there will be NO iPhone 5S's in store on the release date and NOW I get told that I can't use the O2 Open discount code on the new phones!! I am seriously thinking about cancelling my contract with O2 and going with another service provider!!!!

Message 1 of 88
87 REPLIES 87

Anonymous
Not applicable

That link worrys me quite considrably......

I was told that I could use this when i placed my £169.99 order. If this is true and 5s will not be included then I may have to consider canceling my pre-order with 02 which given my previous service with the company I would not like to do as to be fair they have been very good to me in the past........

Message 31 of 88

Anonymous
Not applicable

I get o2 open code discount which has not stated that their is a exclusion for iphone 5s.

Message 32 of 88

Anonymous
Not applicable
I guess it depends on who you ask. As I said when I approached my local store on Saturday they applied the discount retrospectively without questioning my phone or anything.

It is worth noting the discount is still not showing but this is more likely due to the fact I had it applied before I had my sim changed over and only received my sim today. If I'd doesn't work they told me to call back in and they would sort it.
Message 33 of 88

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok here's the update from the stores :

02 Open is NOT available on the iphone 5s. (iphone 5c it is available).

The memo was released to local stores on Sunday. This means if you go in to request the 02 Open (as of Sunday) at the store once you phone is available for pickup you will NOT be able to.

Those reporting that 02 Open has been activated already (before Sunday) are likely to have this removed by 02 as it has been done in error however you will need to contact 202/customer services to find out.

Local stores are NOT receiving any of the online stock and as such will have to wait 3-6 weeks until this is dispatched. The online/phone ordering is being treated differently to store stock.

Sadly not good news on all fronts I'm afraid but this is the information I have been given from my local store (Ashford, Kent).

Personally as I had ordered the Iphone 5s to be able to use the 02 Open deal (and was advised during my purchase on Friday I could use this deal by mistake) and now I have found out I can't I may consider a refund from my local store and take a trip to a carphone warehouse or phones4U which can offer pretty much the same deals (non 02 open) of course but have some stock.
Message 34 of 88

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes please!
Message 35 of 88

PurpleRonnie
  • 6 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It's a cheek really.  As the 30% discount applies to the air time and not the overally monthy cost.  I was also refused in discount in store on Sunday, they had no stock anyway.

Message 36 of 88

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

This is why we are wary about the discount being available. The discount for the previous iphone 5 launch was not available for a few months.

Message 37 of 88

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you think that if/when they do include the 5s in the Open scheme, it will be possible to apply the discount to contracts already running, even if not restrospectively?

Did this happen with the 5 for example?

Message 38 of 88

Anonymous
Not applicable

le bouch you need to apply it in the first month, but u can speak to o2 about this, I would recommend speaking to o2 complaint support team they are the best dealing with these queries, when the customer service department gives you two different answers. I have been their and i don't like misleading information it can cause huge amount of problem. 

I would recommend u trying vodafone they give student discount on iphone 5s, if u aint a student have the contract under you son/daugther's name. slight_smile

Message 39 of 88

Anonymous
Not applicable

Pretty shoddy from o2. If this discount was applied to the phone plan I'd understand, but to differentiate based on the phone you buy ... when the discount applies solely to the airtime cost? That was meant to be the beauty of refresh, unline the phone/airtime tie up.

I'm sorry for anyone who doesn't have access to the open discount, but I'm not going to use that as a reason not to complain about it!

Penning an email to O2 to find out more, as I feel it's unfair.

- Jon

Message 40 of 88