cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Open discount is not available for iPhone 5C & iPhone 5S

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, I've just recently received an O2 Open 30% discount code which I was going to use on a new O2 Refresh contract for an IPhone 5S. I was told about this offer by the manager of my local O2 store on Saturday. However, I have just been informed by O2 customer services that the O2 Open discount will not be valid for the new iPhone 5C and iPhone 5S!!!! O2 never cease to suprise me. First, I get told that there will be NO iPhone 5S's in store on the release date and NOW I get told that I can't use the O2 Open discount code on the new phones!! I am seriously thinking about cancelling my contract with O2 and going with another service provider!!!!

Message 1 of 88
87 REPLIES 87

Anonymous
Not applicable

PLEASE NOTE :

Chiara who is o2 Staff on the Community Forum is looking into this.

Message 21 of 88

Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the friends and family discount (for my company it was £125 credited to  the O2 account) for my iPhone 4 on launch day but it had not been available on any previous iPhone on launch day.

On iPhone 5 launch day I had my code ready but that morning all texts from O2 became blank.  We were advised that we should come back to get the discounts and by the time we returned a decision had been made that no friends and family discount would be available for the iPhone 5 at that time.

I've just checked my company website and the offer there is 30% off on the refresh airtime plan rather than the phone plan so it may be relevant this time.

Message 22 of 88

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can the code only be used in store? It used to be available through phone orders also. Is this no longer the case?
Message 23 of 88

Anonymous
Not applicable

Initially the iPhone 5 was exempt from the Channel Partner discount - something I was only made aware of whilst queuing up outside my local O2 store on launch day (along with the minimum 24 month contract)!!!

I wasn't very happy but I upgraded anyway.

Less than a week later I got a call from the sales assistant who served me saying that I could apply the discount to my new contract.

I just went in to the store, gave them a few details and everything was sorted out.

slight_smile

Message 24 of 88

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry - just realised you are talking about O2 Open Code and not Channel Partner discount.

Not too sure of the difference... Smiley Embarassed 

Message 25 of 88

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any update on this Chiara? Can the O2 Open discount be applied to 5s or 5c contracts?

Message 26 of 88

Anonymous
Not applicable
I bought a 5s online on Friday and went into an O2 store on Saturday and had the open discount applied. No questions asked in terms of what phone I had or anything.
Message 27 of 88

Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting. O2 replied to my tweet this morning saying,

" Sorry, the O2 Open discount does not apply to the 5s due to limited stock. This may change in the future however."

Sounds like you either got lucky or they don't know their bum from their elbow...

Message 28 of 88

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have been advised via my local store that it IS possible to use an 02 Open discount.

This was the reason I have ordered my 5s even in light of the stock issues.
Message 29 of 88

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Any update on this Chiara? Can the O2 Open discount be applied to 5s or 5c contracts?

I think the 5s was excluded from the start:

https://o2open.co.uk/O2Open/servlets/ShowFAQ

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 30 of 88