cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Open Code

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, I've just got an O2 Open code which offers a 30% discount on the air time tarriff. Can this code only be used when I take out a new O2 Refresh contract?....and does it have to be done in store? Why can't it be done online or over the phone? Thanks

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, just following on from this.

I have tried to get clarification, but can we use the O2 Open code and a Refresh contract on a hypothetical new iPhone which might be released in October?

I was reading a threat before where it was mentioned that we can't use it on brand new just released iPhones
Message 21 of 29

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Refresh will be available, but going on previous iPhone releases, there will not be any discount allowed for a few months after launch.
Obviously we can't say for sure at this time but that is what it's been like historically.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 22 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi, just following on from this.

I have tried to get clarification, but can we use the O2 Open code and a Refresh contract on a hypothetical new iPhone which might be released in October?

I was reading a threat before where it was mentioned that we can't use it on brand new just released iPhones

Open code has really only just been allowed to be used on the %s so i would think the same kind of thing would happen with the next iPhone.

Message 23 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, you guys reply fast!

So I am in an odd position. I can get the O2 Open code now, but if I use it on Refresh, it means I need to wait 2 years to pay off the phone before thinking of getting a newer one

We know Apple will release their phone in Sept/October, so I do want to wait until then to get my O2 Refresh contract. The problem is I currently am phoneless and I would like something sooner than later!

Message 24 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can pay off the handset payment price plan at anytime you want and then start again,

Problem I find with refresh is that the handset price can be higher than what the manufacturer sells it for at sim free , factory unlocked.

You could always buy the iphone sim free disposable funds permitting.

Message 25 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah I might look into that. Or buy an iPhone 5 offline which will be a fair amount cheaper than the 5s.

Then still have the free upgrade in October!

Anyway, cheers for the help people!
Message 26 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Yeah I might look into that. Or buy an iPhone 5 offline which will be a fair amount cheaper than the 5s.

Then still have the free upgrade in October!

Anyway, cheers for the help people!

You're welcome.

Welcome

Message 27 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

I upgraded my mobile in the Chichester store this morning and the assistant organised a code to be sent to the mobile to enable me to sign up for the Refresh Airtime discount. She told me that I needed to go online and state the code sent to me and there would  be prompts for me to follow to get this set up. She said the message sent to my mobile would state to go into an O2 store to do this but said that this was unnessary. I was very pleased with this as I do not live near an O2 store and if I had to travel to one this would be really unhelpful.

Can I enter this code from home?? and get signed up.

Message 28 of 29

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You text in the code and your details - Instructions here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/O2-Open-and-Friends-and-Family-Discount-Schemes...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 29 of 29