cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing from o2 to Carphone w/house o2

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey,

So I'm pretty new to all these PAC codes and changing networks. As when I get a contract/number I tend to stick with that so I've never changed networks and get PAC codes etc.

So basically, I am currently on o2 and I have a contract SIM card. I have a friend who works at Carphone warehouse and they already have good deals and he may be able to get me a better deal so I'll most likely go to them, I would like to stick to o2 and also keep my number. So I've been told if I was to change networks like vodafome I need to contact O2 to get my PAC code, but what if I was to change but stick to O2 still?

Someone told me you can't get a PAC code to Change to the same network? Only pac code to change networks. So I am unsure of the process. I have been told I can open a brand new contract and then transfer my number over after which is what I am planning to do as contract isn't under my name, it is under a family members name. So easiest option is for me to open nee contract under myself then transfer current number over to nee contract. But how would I do this with all this PAC code stuff? As I said quite new to all this so hope I'm not being stupid..

Many thanks!
Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

The problem  doing it through CPW is that the present contract  is in someone else's name. Better for that person to be present or migrate the number to P&G after ending the contract.

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

You don'y need a PAC code, simply tke out the account at CPW and when the original contract finishes at O2 transfer the number to the new account. It really is that simple. Contact customer service to transfer the number for you but don't use live chat.

Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
It is in fact even more simple than @jonsie says (he is correct with his advice) except that CPW can actually do it all for you.
Message 3 of 10

MI5
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27665 Solutions
The person who's name is on the account currently would need to call or be present to give permission for the number to be transferred, also.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the replies, much appreciated! Least I know that will definitely work. So it's just a case of opening a new contract then phone O2 to transfer it over. What details do I need to give to O2 for them to transfer it over? Hope it's just a case of giving the new number and sorted lol..
Message 5 of 10

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Yes just give them the new number and the number you wish to keep. They will sort it all out over the phone for you. 

Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Anonymous I think you misunderstand. CPW will deal with all of that as you are staying with o2. Effectively you will just be upgrading.

You won't need to cancel o2 or anything. Let CPW move the contract to your new tariff for you. It really is that straight forward. I know. I did it.
Message 7 of 10

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

The problem  doing it through CPW is that the present contract  is in someone else's name. Better for that person to be present or migrate the number to P&G after ending the contract.

Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Anonymous but problem is, my current contract isn't under my name, even if I know all the details of account holder would they still transfer for me? Since normally account holder needs to be there..

That's why I'm thinking fastest option for me is to open new contract under my own name then get it number transferred over after that..

Sorry for confusion! Thanks again for reply slight_smile
Message 9 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Argh wasn't aware of that. Sorry. Then yes CPW can do it all if you are both there. If not then please follow @jonsie's excellent advice. You will be fine.
Message 10 of 10