Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving texts

Elli452
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi, so for a while now I'm only receiving some of the texts that I'm sent. Today for example both my brother and my partner (they are on different networks Ee and Vodafone) have sent messages I have not received. I did receive some, but not all. Understandably this is getting a little irritating. Network check suggests there should be no problem. Neither contact is on my "blocked" list. Any thoughts?
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144333 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Turn off phone, remove sim and wipe it with a dry cloth and try again.
If that doesn't help, pop into your local o2 store for a free replacement sim.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 144333 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Turn off phone, remove sim and wipe it with a dry cloth and try again.
If that doesn't help, pop into your local o2 store for a free replacement sim.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Go into network settings and manually select Vodafone or any of the other main networks. When you get the 'can't connect' message, select O2 again. Once registered again on the network any stuck messages should come through.

Message 3 of 6

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @Elli452, and welcome to the forum Wave Let us know if the tips frm @MI5 or @jonsie help you get this sorted, or if you need any additional help with this! 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 6

Elli452
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi All, Thank you for taking the time to reply to me. I have now tried all options except visiting the O2 store with no luck so far. I will pop into my local store this evening to see if they can provide me with a new SIM and hope this resolves the problem. Thanks. 

Message 5 of 6

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey @Elli452 How are you getting on with this? Did a new sim help at all? 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 6 of 6