cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No cellular data since ios7 update

Anonymous
Not applicable
Since I downloaded ios7 on my iPhone 5 I have not been able to access the internet at all when I am away from a wifi connection. Even when my phone says I have a 3G connection and I try to access my emails or anything on the internet- it says no internet connection. Before the update it worked fine. Any suggestions as to how this can be fixed? Thanks
Message 1 of 33
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, thank you for all your replies. Taking the SIM card out and putting it back in didn't work, all the APN settings are correct and turning airplane mode on and off also didn't work. Last option is to ring O2....

View solution in original post

Message 13 of 33
32 REPLIES 32

Deag
Level 9: Fired up
  • 134 Posts
  • 14 Topics
  • 13 Solutions

Power off the phone restart it, also try taking out the sim card and putting it back in.

Message 2 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable
Try.

Settings - General - Reset -Reset Network Settings.

Also remove your sim and clean it.

Try switching to 2g to see if it improves and check your mast status to ensure your masts are ok

http://status.o2.co.uk
Message 3 of 33

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

What tariff are you on and what apn's are you using?

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 4 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good point Adam.

Deag.

The iOS 7 update could have altered them. Possibly.

Apn Settings.

http://www.geeksquad.co.uk/articles/chapter/595-04-how-to-set-apn-settings-for-the-02-mobile-network

Message 5 of 33

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

our use the o2 guide on apn's http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref(User):str(Mobile),C...

Each time an ios update happens they default to Idata see this issue every software release full or incremental

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 6 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having exactly the same problem. None of the suggestions have made a difference. #202 is not taking any calls cause they are too busy, o2 live chat is unavailable for the same reason. Any one still having this problem? Anyone with any fresh solutions?

thanks!

Message 7 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

Whenever i cant get internet i put in aeroplane mode and switch back and sorts the problem out, Worth a try.

Message 8 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable
Update. Was able to reach customer service through 802802 chat. Apparently the update changes the necessary iphone data bolt on. Only o2 can change that back - will take till midnight. That is 2 full days, no internet.
Message 9 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Update. Was able to reach customer service through 802802 chat. Apparently the update changes the necessary iphone data bolt on. Only o2 can change that back - will take till midnight. That is 2 full days, no internet.

Have you tried to reboot the phone and see if it works now ?

Message 10 of 33