Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch Business Alternatives

Jimbob38
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am currently tied to o2 business for some time but I would like to get an Apple Watch with cellular. I am interested in hearing what others have done in this situation and how they are finding the process. I have so many questions that I cannot find a clear and simple answer to.

The watch will be purchased through the business, therefore ideally it needs to be a business phone contract that is tied to it. My thought was to take out another business contract with another carrier such as EE or Vodafone since they appear to have no issues with Apple Watches and business contracts. 

I could potentially take out a personal phone contract and remain with o2 and have the personal and business contract run side by side. But are there any benefits in doing this other than it all being with o2?

So say that I now have two contracts running, one for my phone, the other for my watch. The watch contract would be an e-sim. How does the watch handle notifications, will I only get notifications of calls/texts from my e-sim? What about messenger apps such as WhatsApp? Or is there a way to have the watch receive calls/texts from both contracts? Or forward calls/texts from o2 business contract to the e-sim contract so that they appear on the watch?

Any clarification on the above would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Jimbob38
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

No one? ☹️

Message 2 of 3

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6777 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1519 Solutions

We do get a few posts from time to time. Personally, if I were in your situation I would go with a network that offers what I want 

O2 seem to have problems getting these watches to pair anyway.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 3