cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My new iPhone 5 screen has a blue spot/blotch :(

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just took delivery of my iPhone 5. So excited. Only to be very disappointed now. The screen has an obvious blue spot or blotch in the bottom right side. It get darker when you press the screen. It particular obvious when the background is white (like when reading email).

Looking very closely at the side profile of the device, the screen appears slight raised where the blotch is. I reckon something got in there during manufacture, maybe a poor little Chinese insect.

Rang O2. I have to take the phone to a Carphone Warehouse store for exchange. Bum. At least they are happy to replace it. Problem is I can see the hassle in front of me trying to find a store that has stock. So sad 😞

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Just took delivery of my iPhone 5. So excited. Only to be very disappointed now. The screen has an obvious blue spot or blotch in the bottom right side. It get darker when you press the screen. It particular obvious when the background is white (like when reading email).

Looking very closely at the side profile of the device, the screen appears slight raised where the blotch is. I reckon something got in there during manufacture, maybe a poor little Chinese insect.

Rang O2. I have to take the phone to a Carphone Warehouse store for exchange. Bum. At least they are happy to replace it. Problem is I can see the hassle in front of me trying to find a store that has stock. So sad 😞

Hey

Sorry to hear that, complete bummer when you get excited about something and it doesn't work.

Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Some users have reported a raised screen which also make a clicking sound when its pressed.

Contact 02 and ask for a replacement to be sent to you.

Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Photo 1.jpg

Photo 2.jpg

Here's a couple of photo of my blue spot:(

I went to my local carphone wharehouse and guess what, no stock. Just spent another 40 minutes on the phone to O2 and they said I need to go back to the store and ask them to take the phone then I need to wait 1 to 2 week for a replacement to be sent 😞

Now I have to transfer my sim back. I hate the world right now. 😞

Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you thought about making an appointment at the Genius bar at your most local Apple Store. If they uphold the fault then you could walk out with a new handset within minutes !

Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

above...^ that's if they have a replacement handset in stock!

Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

above...^ that's if they have a replacement handset in stock!

The Apple Stores have handsets for exchanging seperate from their retail stock.

When you get a replacement iPhone, the Genius will fetch out a plain brown box that contains just an iPhone. It is not the retail box that has all the pictures on it and also the accessories in it.

Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the Apple store tip. Next available genius appointment at any London store is this Thursday. 

In the mean time I have had some success. After several 40minute+ phone calls and visiting the same CPW store 3 times (Old Kent Rd) plus 1 other store (Croydon),  CPW Old Kent finally believed what the call centre was saying and they took back the phone. A new one will be available for collection this Tuesday. 

Seems to be three companies here all passing the blame. O2, CPW Direct Sales, CPW Retail Stores. Each have a different message and each seem unable to talk to each other. It's left  up to the customer fight their way through the mess.

Fingers crossed the replacement turns up and is in good condition.

Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the Apple store tip. Next available genius appointment at any London store is this Thursday. 

In the mean time I have had some success. After several 40minute+ phone calls and visiting the same CPW store 3 times (Old Kent Rd) plus 1 other store (Croydon),  CPW Old Kent finally believed what the call centre was saying and they took back the phone. A new one will be available for collection this Tuesday. 

Seems to be three companies here all passing the blame. O2, CPW Direct Sales, CPW Retail Stores. Each have a different message and each seem unable to talk to each other. It's left  up to the customer fight their way through the mess.

Fingers crossed the replacement turns up and is in good condition.

If you have anymore trouble in the future with an iPhone, I would just bypass the carrier shops and go direct to an Apple Store, their customer service is outstanding. A quick look at your screen issue and a couple of quick tests, and they would have replaced your iPhone on the spot.

Message 9 of 10

macblank
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 520 Posts
  • 19 Topics
  • 23 Solutions
I think apple did a rush job on these handsets. They had to fund their fight Samsung somehow?!?

To think I was gonna wait for this fone last yr.... oops
Old Phone Geek!!! A Mobile User Since 1993
Samsung Galaxy S3

Feel Free to Add Kudos, If I Have Helped slight_smile
Message 10 of 10