cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merge Calls

Anonymous
Not applicable

I want to activate merge calls on my iPhone. I know this has to be done via O2 customer service. I'm told this facility will cost me 8p per minute. Is this correct? To be clear merge calls is where I call one person - put them on hold - I then call a second person and merge the calls so all three people can talk simultaniously. Will I be charged for this service? 

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

nuclearpants
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Has anyone tried this recently? I cannot merge calls on my S9. Phoned up Customer Services and they couldn't help - they said talk to samsung.  I tried it with WiFi Calling on and off. 

Message 21 of 25

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@nuclearpants 

Customer service need to enable it on your account.

Call them again Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

The best number to call on appears to be 0800 587 4005

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 22 of 25

stevenk
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I enabled this today and yes it is 15p pm
If you call 2 people off your own phone. But if you call 1 person and someone else rings you then you can merge the calls free of charge.
I see no reason for them to charge 15p pm i pay a monthly tariff that includes unlimited minuets so weather i call 1 person or 10 people there should be no diffrence.
Message 23 of 25

Barnickal
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I just spoke to CS, they were only aware of conference calling at 15p per minute, no 'merging' calls available. Then, I insisted that it was a different thing from Conf Calls, and she looked into it again. She told me "it should work", I assured her it doesn't, she then told me "I'm adding a free Conference Call bolt on which should make it work". It did. Moral: Don't accept no for an answer, they can do this.

Message 24 of 25

secure-rebel
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am thinking of switching to EE to 02. The only reason I would do so is to have the merge calls feature back. Can somebody confirm that the merge calls feature still works on 02? I have the iPhone SE (2nd generation). Your help is much appreciated. 

Message 25 of 25