cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone 5s 16 gb or 32 gb

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi I've been offered the iphone 5s 16gb. IS 16gb big enough or do I need to pay extra and get the 32gb? Only thinking of having the 16gb as o2 have given me a good offer but don't want out find out later 16gb is not big enough!! Thanks in advance 😉

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93236 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Cheers guys. I suppose i could always use the ipod for music and keep the 5s memory free. Just would carrying 2 devices some of the time. unless o2 give me a good offer on the 32gb?! LOL

Ya don't ask ya don't get wink

Message 11 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck @Anonymous come back & let us know what you get

Message 12 of 18

MI5
  • 144359 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
From my experience of my families phones, 16gb is way too small for anything of any use.
It will obviously depend on the individual but I found a relatively small number of apps, music and photos filled the phone very quickly.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 18

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
So, can't the iPhone store the music in the cloud and stream to the phone (data usage aside)? Windows phone does this, and I'm pretty sure android does too.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 14 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

You would still need to delete stuff in able to put new apps, more music or photos on 

Message 15 of 18

Curr946
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
I have access to my full music library via the groove music app. I have access to all my photos and document via the photos app and office. The only thing that every remains on my phone is the apps. Not saying that's the best way, but works well for me. It also means films I buy / rent can be watched on the Xbox, phone etc. Again, it's all streamed. You can choose to take items off line, I just don't bother as have unlimited home fibre and 10gb of data on my phone.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 16 of 18

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Streaming services are fine if you have enough data / free wifi allowances, etc but will not help with physical storage on any device unless the device has the option of upgrading internal storage and as the op was asking about device storage all streaming services are irrelevant.

I have local offline storage for my iPhone / iPad that uses wifi it creates, so no usage limits to worry about and it can be upgraded with removable sd cards and that means unlimited storage, just have to carry the relevant sd cards around.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 17 of 18

jonsie
  • 93236 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions