cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet abroad

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi folks can anyone give advice on what to do about Internet abroad I'm with 02 and have samsung galaxy tablet which I would like to take with Mr to watch netflix
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Best advice is find free wifi.
You can use o2 travel (in Europe) with unlimited data for £1.99 a day but I doubt it will be quick enough to stream netflix as it's only designed for email, FB, Twitter etc.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Best advice is find free wifi.
You can use o2 travel (in Europe) with unlimited data for £1.99 a day but I doubt it will be quick enough to stream netflix as it's only designed for email, FB, Twitter etc.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for advice
Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Enjoy your holiday slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122356 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Honestly wifi is the only option for streaming. Have tried YouTube with a dongle and my daugher in law tried it once with mobile data on and it was pretty useless

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 6

jonsie
  • 92907 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I always take a tablet to Thailand. Wifi is the best option but I also tether from a local sim in my phone.

Message 6 of 6