cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help...my 1st iphone 5,wi fi problems.only works beside router

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there everyone,

Iv just changed from HTC to Iphone 5 & wi fi only works when im standing right beside our router.

I did google search for suggestions on what could be wrong,tried resetting networks then switching phone off & on again to no avail.i also changed my Proxy setting to auto as someone advised,but not worked either.

I bought phone from a friend so she reset factory settings before giving to me.she hadnt had any problems with her wi fi connection.

Im very iphone clueless & hoping some of you can advise me what to do if it can be fixed.

Any advise welcomed & appreciated

Lynne

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, did your friend purchase the phone from O2 or CPW? How long have you had it? How long did your friend have it before they sold it to you? Have you turned your phone on & off? Try resetting your router. If all that has failed try a full restore via iTunes on a pc but remember to backup the iPhone first so as not to lose any valuable information, contacts, messages, apps photos etc
Message 2 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 126410 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7558 Solutions

@Anonymous  Could the problem be that the OP had an HTC before so needs to reset to Iphone settings?...Just throwing it out there.....

Or could it be a sim problem?....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Cleoriff that is possible but the op has said that they have reset the network settings, possibly the son needs to be changed to idata or pay&go but that shouldnt be anything to do with wifi.
To the op, have you had a sim swap to a nano sim?
Message 4 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
App not son
Message 5 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Apn not son
Message 6 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,my friend had bought it second hand locally approx a year ago so i dont know where phone was originally bought from new.I just got phone on sunday so yesterday i put my simcard in n set it up. I tried switching phone off & on a few times & no change.yes i tried resetting router aswell n no change. Thanks for trying to help me, i shall take your advise & do full restore via itunes.ill backup 1st even though iv only got contacts to save as i hadnt transfered all my stuff on phone yet.
Message 7 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
You are very welcome. Do let us know how you get on please
Message 8 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
I really dont have a clue at all.think ill take phone into o2 shop n see if they can help.
I expected to put my sim in n all to be perfect lol.....
obv not so simple
Thanks
Message 9 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Be aware though that if they want to send it off for repair though as the phone is a year old, it is out of warranty so you'd have to pay to get it repaired
Message 10 of 17